SNF GDT: Vikings @ Cowboys

Matts4313

On 11/11/2019 at 12:37 AM, waterfish_21 said:

Did Dallas made mistake by paying Zeke?

Don't. Draft. A running back. That high.

They play well right away, and are still right in that sweet spot when that BIG payday is due. You spent a high 1st round pick on the guy, how can you justify letting him go?? You gotta pay him. Then they fall off a cliff. Best case scenario they just slow down and don't nearly warrant the salary.

Rams are going through it now, and Cowboys might be facing it. But take solace, Cowboys fans, because the Giants will be right there in a couple years.

14 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Don't. Draft. A running back. That high.

They play well right away, and are still right in that sweet spot when that BIG payday is due. You spent a high 1st round pick on the guy, how can you justify letting him go?? You gotta pay him. Then they fall off a cliff. Best case scenario they just slow down and don't nearly warrant the salary.

Rams are going through it now, and Cowboys might be facing it. But take solace, Cowboys fans, because the Giants will be right there in a couple years.

I mean... we could have just traded him. Recouped a 1st most likely. 

2 hours ago, Tex said:

As talented as Dallas is, their schedule might be their demise for winning the division. The Eagles schedule is rather easier to close out in comparison to the Cowboys. The biggest key game in there of course is the head to head matchup in Philadelphia. You already know Pederson is waiting and licking his chops for that one after the last time these two teams met and how that whole guarantee went. Philly just seems like they're in the driver's seat if they take care of business with the games they should win.

It's a shame if the schedule is the deciding factor.  We played both teams and Dallas was much harder to beat.  They are the better team, IMO.

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

It's a shame if the schedule is the deciding factor.  We played both teams and Dallas was much harder to beat.  They are the better team, IMO.

You played a Dallas team on the road while you had Thielen sidelined lol I mean you damn right it would be tougher than a depleted Eagles team.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I mean... we could have just traded him. Recouped a 1st most likely. 

Well, sure. That's assuming you were guaranteed to find a team willing to give that up for a running back with heavy mileage and is looking for a massive payday. Yup, if I was a GM I'd be elbowing people out of the way to sign up!