Amazon Prime

LoganF89

He's going to want his own team, not carry the water for Danny Boy's new stadium- which won't happen until the team starts winning again, no matter who is negotiating it. 

Given the fact that over half of the NFL owners are 68 or older, and more than a few over 80, I imagine Bezos would wait out one of them passing away.  Bill Bidwell already passed away so the Cardinals could be for sale.  

Of course, Danny Boy is tied for youngest with Clark Hunt. 

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

If you want Bezos you may as well kiss the teams name goodbye. 

If Bezos is buying Snyder out and replacing Brice to boot, he can call this team the "Washington Amazon Shipping Drones" for all I care.

• Like 11

6 hours ago, Woz said:

If Bezos is buying Snyder out and replacing Brice to boot, he can call this team the "Washington Amazon Shipping Drones" for all I care.

Never said it would bother me to change the name if it meant getting rid of Snyder and Allen. Just know there is a contingent of fans who would probably move on after a name change. 

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Never said it would bother me to change the name if it meant getting rid of Snyder and Allen. Just know there is a contingent of fans who would probably move on after a name change. 

Not as many as the ones moving on if Dan and Bruce stay in charge.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

On topic for the OP, Seattle makes the most sense for him.  I also read that the NFL wants new ownership in Denver.  Both of those would probably happen before the Redskins sell.  

Agreed. But we can hope ;).

Washington Prime w/o Dan Snyder involved works for me!

No chance Snyder sells. If this materializes, my guess is that Bezos will help facilitate the funding of a new stadium approved by DC with mixed use of the land. Think residential (affordable included), commercial and public. Some sort of an Amazon hub. Also factoring in an advertising deal with naming rights and for a possible minority stake.

A lot to unpack there, but long story short Snyder will not sell as long as he is making money.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lavar703 said:

If those fans are so wedded to the name that they have to keep Brice and Danny ...

ScientificLeadingInvisiblerail-max-1mb.g

• Like 2

8 hours ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

No chance Snyder sells. If this materializes, my guess is that Bezos will help facilitate the funding of a new stadium approved by DC with mixed use of the land. Think residential (affordable included), commercial and public. Some sort of an Amazon hub. Also factoring in an advertising deal with naming rights and for a possible minority stake.

The only thing with this: why would Bezos, as one of the richest men on Earth (don't know where he stands post divorce), voluntarily choose to be the minority owner behind Snyder? Especially when there are other options.

If he wanted to get naming rights, he could spend a fraction of the amount to get them when the FedEx deal expires.

8 hours ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

A lot to unpack there, but long story short Snyder will not sell as long as he is making money.

And there's a reason I have not spent a cent on the team in years. I stumbled across the NFL Shop gift card my wife got me for Christmas a few years back. If it hasn't expired (wouldn't put it past those pikers), it's still waiting to be used.

3 minutes ago, Woz said:

The only thing with this: why would Bezos, as one of the richest men on Earth (don't know where he stands post divorce), voluntarily choose to be the minority owner behind Snyder? Especially when there are other options.

There are other options (see Seattle), but Bezos wants to be a power player in DC. Not necessarily outright own the team in DC, but he wants to be woven into fabric of the city. He's proved that with bringing Amazon's HQ2 to Crystal City and buying the Washington Post. Clearly wants influence in the nation's capital.

4 minutes ago, Woz said:

If he wanted to get naming rights, he could spend a fraction of the amount to get them when the FedEx deal expires.

I think naming rights would be a part of the deal. I think he is looking to create some sort of Amazon Hub. Similar to what the NFL is doing in LA with the Rams new stadium. 

9 minutes ago, Woz said:

And there's a reason I have not spent a cent on the team in years. I stumbled across the NFL Shop gift card my wife got me for Christmas a few years back. If it hasn't expired (wouldn't put it past those pikers), it's still waiting to be used.

You don't want a shiny, new Paul Richardson jersey?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

There are other options (see Seattle), but Bezos wants to be a power player in DC. Not necessarily outright own the team in DC, but he wants to be woven into fabric of the city. He's proved that with bringing Amazon's HQ2 to Crystal City and buying the Washington Post. Clearly wants influence in the nation's capital.

Being a minority owner in the Redskins isn't going to give him that influence. Only the main guy gets that.

11 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

I think naming rights would be a part of the deal. I think he is looking to create some sort of Amazon Hub. Similar to what the NFL is doing in LA with the Rams new stadium. 

Which would be interesting, but only really come to fruition if he was the top dog.

11 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

You don't want a shiny, new Paul Richardson jersey?

The only players I would have considered purchasing a jersey for would have been Kerrigan and Williams ... oh well ...