BDL 2019 Week 10 - Camden Hood Rats @ Lancaster Werewolves

SirA1

Camden Hood Rats @ Lancaster Werewolves  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Camden Hood Rats
    • Lancaster Werewolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/14/2019 at 05:01 AM

BDL 2019 Week 10

Match:  Camden Hood Rats @ Lancaster Werewolves

Away Owner: @Jlash

Home Owner: @rackcs

Vote for who you think will win this game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Camden Hood Rats

QB- Lamar Jackson
RB- Carlos Hyde
WR- DeAndre Hopkins
WR- Courtland Sutton
WR- Cooper Kupp
WR- AJ Brown
LT- Garrett Bolles
LG- Larry Warford
C- Chase Roullier
RG- Trai Turner
RT- Orlando Brown Jr
TE- Jason Witten
TE- Darren Fells
OL- Hal Vaitai
OL- Tytus Howard
QB- Jimmy Garoppolo

DE- Yannick Ngakoue
DT- Dexter Lawrence
DT- Damon Harrison 
DE- Maxx Crosby
LB- Darius Leonard
LB- Jaylon Smith
CB- AJ Bouye
CB- Denzel Ward
CB- Greedy Williams
S- Kevin Byard
S- Jamal Adams
DE- Carl Lawson
DL- Tim Jernigan
DL- Quinton Jefferson
S- Chuck Clark
LB- Todd Davis

Lancaster Werewolves

QB: Philip Rivers
RB: Alvin Kamara
WR1: Odell Beckham Jr.
WR2: Mike Evans
WR3: Willie Snead IV
TE: George Kittle (D)
LT: Taylor Lewan
LG: Quenton Nelson
C: Frank Ragnow
RG: Cody Whitehair
RT: Lane Johnson

RB2: Matt Breida
RB3: Royce Freeman
RB4: Miles Sanders
WR4: Dante Pettis
WR5: Josh Reynolds
TE2: Jonnu Smith
OL: Trent Brown (Q)
OL: Nick Martin

LE: Christian Wilkins
NT: Kenny Clark
RE: Ndamukong Suh
OLB: T.J. Watt
MLB: Bobby Wagner
OLB: Joey Bosa
CB1: Jalen Ramsey
CB2: James Bradberry (Q) 
INACTIVE
SCB: Jaire Alexander (Q)
FS: Eddie Jackson
SS: Vonn Bell

INT: Andrew Billings
OLB: Shaquil Barrett
LB: Fred Warner
LB: Anthony Barr
CB: Kevin King
CB: Brian Poole
CB: DJ Hayden
S: Xavier Woods

Edited by SirA1

Camden Hood Rats

Offense (shotgun spread RPO base)
Today we're going against one of the more complete and dangerous rosters in the league in Lancaster. Offensively, we think with the ground game being our strength we can win the time of possession and keep the ball away from a strong offense, but at the same time we're going to throw some wrinkles in today to keep them guessing. 

Force the dime defense on the field- With both Bradberry and Alexander questionable with groin injuries, we want to work as many 4 WR sets as possible to force one of Lancasters LB's off the field (more on this later). We felt coming in this could be an advantage for us, with 4 WR's who excel after the catch we want to get lots of high % throws for Jackson to work with and let our guys do damage after the catch. Lots of crossing routes, quick slants, quick outs and tunnel screens to get the ball in our WR's hands quickly. All these routes work really well off the RPO as well, so we aren't tipping our hand in that respect. We'll go 4 wide 75-80% of the game.

Wear down a lighter box- With our plan to spread the field and get a LB off the field, we feel the run aspect of our heavy RPO offense could have some success today. Watt has been singled out in recent games as a player to attack if he's playing with his hand in the dirt, and today won't be any different but he's not our sole focus. We want to be able to run at every part of the defense, and if Lancaster is forced to bring in extra defensive backs because of our spread and we're still able to disguise the run with our RPO, we think we can do some damage. Hyde gets the start and the majority of the work because he's been thriving in a similar type of offense, but Montgomery and Michel will rotate in regularly to keep everyone fresh. Expect 10-15 designed runs for Jackson in the form of delayed QB draws, QB keepers out of the RPO and sweeps.

Protecting Lamar- With us playing 4 wide most of the game we'll lose the TE help aspect for those times, but as has been customary recently we'll use our RB's in to block and help our tackles. We'll help Bolles with chips from our RB when needed. 

Defense (Cover 2 press man base)

Lancaster brings as dynamic an offense as anyone in BDL (right there with Cuba) so bringing a smart game plan that limits the big plays is the only way to bring this team down. Here are a couple ways we plan on doing that. 

Cover 2 press man base- When a team can bring weapons like Evans and OBJ to the outside we feel the best way to defend that is in man defense with safeties covering halves of the field for help over the top. Today our coverage assignments will be as follows:
Evans - Bouye
OBJ - Ward
Snead/Pettis - Williams
If Kittle plays, we'll work in some Tampa 2 concepts with Leonard dropping back into the seam and taking away the center of the field that a typical cover 2 can be vulnerable to. Jaylon Smith would then be responsible for following Kamara out of the backfield. From time to time we can sub in an extra DB to match speed for speed with Kamara but Smith is as capable and explosive as they come at LB so we trust him to handle that duty. If they want to kick Kamara or Sanders out into slot so they get both players on the field, then another CB would come in to handle that player in space. 
If Kittle is out, Leonard will still maintain TE responsible but we'll squash any mixing of Tampa 2 concepts in there and just have Leonard man up with Jonnu Smith. 

Pressure Rivers with line movement- This goes for any QB, we want to get after Rivers. No QB is ever better when they're getting beat up, and we saw Rivers make some critical mistakes this week when he was pressured that changed the game. He's too seasoned and his line is too good to just run straight at him all game, so like we incorporated last week we want to mix in line stunts to give our edge players the ability to attack Rivers from different spots. Expect Ngakoue and Crosby to run stunts with our DT's around 15-20% in passing situations. 

Containing Kamara- Easier said than done, and I'm sure getting him back this week Lancaster is going to be excited to feature him. Our defense is very strong against the run without using any gimmicks, and with our interior being so stout (I'd imagine they won't totally abandon it) their best chance is probably hitting the outside of our defense. With Leonard and Jaylon Smith we've got two of the better attacking LB's in the game so we're confident we can corral him on the ground. Through the air is where he can really kill. With Jaylon Smith taking him when he's running routes out of the backfield, he may burn us from time to time but Smith is so good in that area and we trust his help behind him so we feel ok. If Lancaster wants to split him out wide, we'll bring in another CB to match up better with him. 

Lancaster Werewolves

Lancaster Offensive Strategy: Camden is a tough divisional opponent here with a lot of defensive talent but we feel that there are some holes to be exploited by running a balanced offense. We want to run at the edges of the Camden DL and use pulling guards to get some push at the second level. We also want to attack their young CB group where we think our WRs can get their wins.

The Passing Strategy: We want to keep our passing game balanced this week by attacking all levels of the field regularly. Ward and Williams have been good but inconsistent this year and Evans and OBJ should be able to win their matchups against them regularly. Willie Snead should be effective from the slot but we want to mix in Kamara there a bit as well to get him involved in the receiving game where we’ll have Breida lining up in the backfield. We’ll also be wanting to hit him out of the backfield to get him the ball in space so he can do work. Hopefully Kittle will play this week but as he’s doubtful we’ll have Jonnu Smith jumping in to replace him. Obviously he’s not as good as the best TE in the game but he is an effective player, particularly in the passing game. We want to look to avoid the Camden safeties as well if they’re double covering a player. We’ll also be somewhat regularly leaving the RB in to block.

The Running Strategy: With Kamara back in the lineup we’re excited to get the ball going on the ground again. As we said at the beginning of this writeup, we want to hit the outsides where Ngakoue and Sweat can be susceptible in the run game. To avoid their good LBs stopping things quickly we want to make sure we pull Nelson and Whitehair to help take them out at the second level. We’ve got the deepest RB stable in the league so we do want to mix in some of our other games, mostly Breida.

Lancaster Defensive Strategy: This is a well balanced Camden offense in no small part thanks to Lamar Jackson. We’re introducing a new wrinkle to the defense this week by switching to a 3-3-5 defense. We think this will help us out as we look to disrupt Jackson. We want to get the pass rush going against him to disrupt his timing. Against his great group of receivers we want to play press to throw the timing of their routes off.

The Pass Defense Strategy: We kept the slightest of breaks this week with Engram out but Camden still has 3 great receivers for us to deal with. Jalen Ramsey will cover DeAndre Hopkins, James Bradberry will cover Courtland Sutton, and Jaire Alexander will cover Cooper Kupp. They will be playing press coverage against these guys and getting physical with them to disrupt the timing of their routes. Eddie Jackson will play a deep zone coverage to help with busted coverages or tough matchups. Vonn Bell will be playing in the box and spying Lamar Jackson. Bobby Wagner will cover Montgomery or whoever the RB is out of the backfield. If the RB stays in to block he will occasionally blitz. Watt and Bosa will share coverage responsibilities on Witten if he gets the start with the other blitzing. If Camden puts out of 4th WR instead of Witten then we’ll take Christian Wilkins off of the field and put in Kevin King as a 4th CB to cover them. In regards to rushing the passer, we want to rotate out our starters and Shaq Barrett with Barrett coming in on obvious passing downs. We want to especially go hard against Garrett Bolles. A strong pass rush is going to be key in beating Lamar Jackson.

The Run Defense Strategy: We’ve yet again got Bell playing in the box to help against the run and specifically spying Jackson to help limit his rushing ability. Camden has some young promising RBs but none of them are game changers yet so we feel that we should have success against their run game. On obvious rushing downs we’ll be bringing in Fred Warner to be a stud stopping the run.

Edited by SirA1

Lamar runs well IRL but he also benefits from having 3 TEs and a FB playing extensive snaps. Camden doesn't offer that here and I wonder if he can run the ball effectively out of those 4 WR sets. 

That being said I think Camden does enough in the passing game and on defense to beat an undermanned Lancaster squad

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I wonder if he can run the ball effectively out of those 4 WR sets. 

Valid question. If you look at how he plans to defend my 4 wide sets though, he's playing only 2 defensive lineman in favor of more DB's. That would create a little more wiggle room up front I would think.

53 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I like how I'm down 2 players, 1 of whom I can more than adequately replace and I'm "undermanned"

I don't think they have qualms with DBs. Poole alone has been one of the better coverage Cbs in the league. Kittle os the big loss as it forces your team to be in 3 wide formations the majority of the game and your slot options are not ss flashy. Snead for example sees less than 20% of Ravens snaps currently. Bouye is a good cover for OBJ. Which leaves Evans. He will win at short and mid levels as safeties are back. He will have more difficult time for longer plays. Thus IMO the loss of Kittle hampers the offensive flow in passing games as there is one less dtnamic person on the field to account for.

7 minutes ago, PR said:

I don't think they have qualms with DBs. Poole alone has been one of the better coverage Cbs in the league. Kittle os the big loss as it forces your team to be in 3 wide formations the majority of the game and your slot options are not ss flashy. Snead for example sees less than 20% of Ravens snaps currently. Bouye is a good cover for OBJ. Which leaves Evans. He will win at short and mid levels as safeties are back. He will have more difficult time for longer plays. Thus IMO the loss of Kittle hampers the offensive flow in passing games as there is one less dtnamic person on the field to account for.

If you want to say that Kittle is too big of a loss for my team to overcome or whatever that's fine but undermanned is beyond that for sure. It's one guy, that does not equal undermanned.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, rackcs said:

If you want to say that Kittle is too big of a loss for my team to overcome or whatever that's fine but undermanned is beyond that for sure. It's one guy, that does not equal undermanned.

If there are warm bodies you will never truly undermanned. Undermanned for 2 TE sets though.

Granted you never mentioned that set.

Edited by PR

8 hours ago, rackcs said:

I like how I'm down 2 players, 1 of whom I can more than adequately replace and I'm "undermanned"

You're missing 2 starters in Shepard and Kittle who would do wonders underneath against cover 2 and a starting corner vs a decent 4 wide look. 

Whether you want to call it undermanned or something else I don't care. 

But hey given than I don't have time to argue about semantics I will now only comment with the match-up winner. Given how constructive have been the comments on my matchups over the last years it's not like people care anyway