Should we tank?

BZski

With Stafford hurt and the playoffs all but gone, should we tank? I think all of us realize that we need impact players. BQ is good at getting DECENT NFL players in the draft but really outside of Kenny G no real impact players. Our D is full of "JAGs" " Just a Guy"...I think we should rest Stafford for the rest of the year and really it will take care of itself. In the draft we then get a game changer like Chase Young to help our no existent pass rush. I am tired of seeing average players on D (reminds me of the Chuck Darby "War Daddies" of the Marinelli years). Trey Flowers is a massive bust in FA, JD sucks (good to see him finally get benched today).

Should they tank?  Yes.  Will they tank?  No, I think Quinn and Patricia are too stubborn to admit that it’s just not working, but for Stafford’s sake I hope they shut him down for the remainder of the season, there is nothing good that can come of him coming back the this year.

We will lose enough to be one pick away from the guy we all want, will then over draft a LT to play RG and he will struggle to beat out Kenny Wiggins and will be off the team in 3 years.  And then we will be back in the top 3 to draft the next QB's career we will waste with a coaching carousel and lackluster supporting cast.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

We will lose enough to be one pick away from the guy we all want, will then over draft a LT to play RG and he will struggle to beat out Kenny Wiggins and will be off the team in 3 years.  And then we will be back in the top 3 to draft the next QB's career we will waste with a coaching carousel and lackluster supporting cast.

Like how we missed out on Allen this past year? 

4 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I think you pretty much nailed it!

I think the GM has a lot to do with everything and it trickles down. Gotta use resources correctly, and draft talent in the early rounds and get some steals late. Gotta sign the right players not just the right position. 

I'm just hoping one of these times the Fords hire the right guy and the GM pulls it all together. Coach, Draft, Signings. 

Edited by SimbaWho

you never want to tank but if subtract Stafford(ir him) it reduces our chances of winning. so we can be competitive & lose without Stafford. if Stafford is in we still go for playoffs. I think he plays this week vs dallas and we lose, ir him and go from there. we win we could make a run imo.

I think they definitely have their eye on someone in the draft. The way that this team is being managed tells me so...

So imo we already are...

Personally not very impressed with this draft but might change when underclassmen start declaring.. been saying this forever..but go after your guy... trade up.. 

It's either a offensive tackle or young all I can think of worth tanking for...

On 11/11/2019 at 3:41 PM, SimbaWho said:

I think the GM has a lot to do with everything and it trickles down. Gotta use resources correctly, and draft talent in the early rounds and get some steals late. Gotta sign the right players not just the right position. 

I'm just hoping one of these times the Fords hire the right guy and the GM pulls it all together. Coach, Draft, Signings. 

That's my thing I think they worry about positions more than talent 

Don't feel badly Lions fans.  You can get impact players anywhere in the draft.  The Vikings drafted Everson Griffen in the second round (or was it the third?), Danielle Hunter in the third, Stefon Diggs in the fifth round, Dalvin Cook in the second round, etc.

The Lions are going in the right direction.  You got shafted in the Green Bay game, and it never helps when you lose your starting QB.  I really think Matt Patricia and company can make the Lions a very competitive franchise within a year or two.  You're not far away.