AFC Wildcard Race Discussion

BayRaider

8 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

No way the Steelers make it! They are the one team I just don't see it. The defense is very very good and that will bode well for 2020, but the offense just isn't good enough. Not having your starting QB hurts so bad.

Their year will be next year.

Buffalo should make it in as the #5 even with a tough schedule up next. My guess is the Raiders sneak in as the #6 with Tennessee right behind them.

Tenn has a shot to win the division still. 

• Like 1

Bills already have 8 wins and you got to think 9 wins just might do it, even at the 6 spot. They also beat the Titans so they have the tie breaker over them, as well play the Steelers in a couple weeks. 

(3) winnable games : Cowboys, Steelers, Jets

(2) bleak games : Ravens, Patriots

Sitting at 8-3 they should be able to hold onto the 5, at worst slip to the 6th. 

I went through the playoff predictor and ended up with Buffalo at 10-6 and Cleveland at 9-7 as the two wild cards. Looks like the Bills still make it under most scenarios at 9-7, so they're likely in barring a complete meltdown from here on out. 

Looks to me like the winner of the Cleveland/Pittsburgh game next week han inside track on the last wild card. The AFC South teams seem to lose the wild card tiebreakers at 9-7 so winning the division is even more important - the way it played out for me, that TEN/HOU game in Week 17 ends up being the AFC South title game with both teams entering at 9-6. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp

Titans get the Colts, Raiders, and Texans twice to finish out the season. Our destiny is in our hands but we haven’t beaten the Colts since forever ago and haven’t beaten the Texans in Houston since 2011. History says we’ll finish 9-7 and who knows how the tie breakers will shake out.