AFC Wildcard Race Discussion

BayRaider

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

That's an odd way of saying you lost to the Ravens...And yes, seemingly unstoppable, as evidenced by the fact that our offense is on pace AND setting numerous NFL records.

Yeah we lost but anyone who isnt being completely bias damn well knows Ola's hit on Jackson was not penalty worthy. That's the ONLY reason they got the game tying FG

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Yeah we lost but anyone who isnt being completely bias damn well knows Ola's hit on Jackson was not penalty worthy. That's the ONLY reason they got the game tying FG

Don't forget to mention the 2 INT's that shouldn't have been INT's because one was blatant DPI and the other hit the ground. But sure whatever narrative you wanna run with.

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Don't forget to mention the 2 INT's that shouldn't have been INT's because one was blatant DPI and the other hit the ground. But sure whatever narrative you wanna run with.

2? There was one rhat shouldnt have been and that's fair but you also gotta add context to the timing of it all. My point isnt even about who won or lost the game. Idc about that. Jackson wasnt unstoppable against arguably the leagues best defense in that game. 

I'm not as impressed as others by a QBs ability to run the football. To me, yes he is the best running QB in the league and still not a top 5 Passing QB. Fringe top 10.

Edited by wwhickok

2? There was one rhat shouldnt have been and that's fair but you also gotta add context to the timing of it all. My point isnt even about who won or lost the game. Idc about that. Jackson wasnt unstoppable against arguably the leagues best defense in that game. 

I'm not as impressed as others by a QBs ability to run the football. To me, yes he is the best running QB in the league and still not a top 5 Passing QB. Fringe top 10.

Jackson had a few down games in the first few weeks. Since then, our offense has been unstoppable pending playing in a monsoon against the best defense in the NFL in SF.

Whatever you want to say about Lamar, you sound VERY salty saying he's a fringe top 10 QB right now.

8 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

This is great and all but I don’t see you guys making the playoffs. Also let’s be real that was a fluke win. They will spilt with the Texans going 9-7. If only they would have started Tannahill sooner.

Henry's 188 and 2 TD's was a fluke? Reid shrinks in the playoffs and this team already knows it can go in to Arrowhead and win on the back of Henry. 

But yeah, I'd agree getting in to the playoffs will be a tall task. Sweeping Houston may not necessarily be a necessity if we can beat a reeling Oakland team and New Orleans who we get in the cold in late December away from the Superdome.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Jackson had a few down games in the first few weeks. Since then, our offense has been unstoppable pending playing in a monsoon against the best defense in the NFL in SF.

Whatever you want to say about Lamar, you sound VERY salty saying he's a fringe top 10 QB right now.

Why would I be salty? I didnt say he is a fringe tio 10 QB. Read what I said. I said as his passing skill.

If I'm evaluating him overall in comparison to other QBs in the league of similar talent or draft timeline (Mahomes, Watson, Russell Wilson, Josh Allen, Sam Darnold etc) Lamar Jackson is somewhere in the Top 3-4 range for me. Behind Mahomes, Wilson and it's a toss up with Watson. He is definitely in front of Brissett, Allen, Darnold, Mayfield (and Rudolph obviously)

As a passer I dont feel he has become a complete QB yet. He is definitely improving with every game. As a rushing QB he is the best in the league.

Just now, wwhickok said:

Why would I be salty?

Yes, why would a Steelers fan be salty about a new Ravens QB being the front runner for MVP on the #1 team in the AFC? 

Just now, wwhickok said:

I didnt say he is a fringe tio 10 QB. Read what I said. I said as his passing skill.

Okay that's fine. Put those skillsets together and you have the MVP. And he's only 21 years old.

17 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

What you guys are saying about Harbaugh though is fair. Maybe least deserving is a bit too strong but I don't think he is even top 2 most deserving. There isnt a single coach in the league that has done more with less than Mike Tomlin this season that that's a FACT.

If Harbaugh wins COTY it would be absolutely deserved. What he's done with Lamar is remarkable. It's turned the NFL upside down. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yes, why would a Steelers fan be salty about a new Ravens QB being the front runner for MVP on the #1 team in the AFC? 

Okay that's fine. Put those skillsets together and you have the MVP. And he's only 21 years old.

If he wins the MVPx that's great. 

First of all. Let's stop with your b.s. about Steelers fans being salty about Lamar Jackson because we both know there are few bigger trolls on this website that you.

We arent jealous of Lamar. Some fans might be but I'm sure as hell not one of them. Would I have loved for Pittsburgh to draft him? Of course and as a football fan in general he is an exciting player to watch. But let us not forget one major factor, Pittsburgh is without their HALL OF FAME QB. In both matchups they will not have had him available.  We still have one of the 2 best QBs in the division on our roster and as a passing QB, until proven otherwise, we have the best QB in the division on our roster. My guess is Lamars career eclipses that of Ben in due time but it's hard to compare one at the beginning of his career and one near the end of his.

I'm not the slightest bit salty. If he is deemed deserved of the award he should get the award and I dont give a damn what team the guy plays for.

Titans will get in after they smack the Raiders. I could see the Titans going as far as the AFCCG honestly. I mean, they’ll probably lose the wildcard game as being on the road against KC or HOU is damn tough. But they can win those games. Then on the road against a struggling NE offense?

Titans IMO might be the third best team in the AFC if Tannehil started all season. No disrespect to the Chiefs or Texans, I think they are great. 

I thought the AFC was pathetic just barely a month ago. And now I have huge new respect for the Bills, Ravens, and Titans. Might be close to the NFC afterall. And unlike everyone else, I never sleep on New England. They have as great of a chance as anyone. 

Just now, SmittyBacall said:

If Harbaugh wins COTY it would be absolutely deserved. What he's done with Lamar is remarkable. It's turned the NFL upside down. 

We can agree to disagree in terms of most deserving coach. Lamar has a quality skill set. But I agree my initial comments on Harbaugh were unfair. If you're not impressed by the overall success of Baltimore right now, you havent been paying attention to the gradual decline that team had been previously suffering. They've made a good turn around.

The reason I feel Mike Tomlin is more deserving is because of where this team probably should be and where they actually are with all the adversity they have faced. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Titans will get in after they smack the Raiders. I could see the Titans going as far as the AFCCG honestly. I mean, they’ll probably lose the wildcard game as being on the road against KC or HOU is damn tough. But they can win those games. Then on the road against a struggling NE offense?

Titans IMO might be the third best team in the AFC if Tannehil started all season. No disrespect to the Chiefs or Texans, I think they are great. 

I thought the AFC was pathetic just barely a month ago. And now I have huge new respect for the Bills, Ravens, and Titans. Might be close to the NFC afterall. And unlike everyone else, I never sleep on New England. They have as great of a chance as anyone. 

Titans still have to either win the division or hope Pittsburgh or Buffalo falls off the planet. 

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Titans still have to either win the division or hope Pittsburgh or Buffalo falls off the planet. 

Ehhh I see Steelers going 2-2 over their next four. Very very good defense, their best since their 2008-2010, but the QB situation and offense in general is awful. They are not a playoff team and not on the Titans level. I see Steelers losing to @ARI and @BAL. 

Titans certainly have a harder schedule but I see them finishing 3-1 and 10-6 overall. I think they’ll smash Oakland, they will beat the Saints at home (Brees on the road in cold weather in December isn’t the greatest), and they will split with Houston. 

The reason I feel Mike Tomlin is more deserving is because of where this team probably should be and where they actually are with all the adversity they have faced. 

It all depends how far they go. If they finish the season 8-8 and miss out on the playoffs, is that enough of an accomplishment to trump what Harbaugh has achieved with the Ravens this season? I'd say no. If they finish 9-7, make the playoffs, and win or lose with dignity in the first round? The gap between Harbaugh and Tomlin would be a lot closer. 

What Tomlin has accomplished has been certainly impressive. It's just tough to pry the award out of the hands of the coach who, in my opinion, will coach Lamar to the Super Bowl after going 14-2. That's just incredibly difficult to top no matter the adversity Tomlin's faced.