AFC Wildcard Race Discussion

BayRaider

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Failing upwards, trademarked and copyrighted. Thanks. 

Oh, that's a common one in my world. I know an entire division at a Fortune 100 company, a well named brand at that - that division is basically nothing but failing upwards people, just horrible ideas followed up by horrible execution of said horrible ideas, then horrible planning by the horrible task group they horribly put together after the horrible execution of horrible idea.

Then they all get awards and fat bonus checks.

I'm getting both angry and jealous.

I think it’s quite likely Bills go at least 10-6. So the last WC spot IMO goes to the winner of the Titans/Raiders. And the only thing the Raiders got going in that game is it’s in Oakland... 

Steelers have a shot, but I just don’t see it with their QB situation. Plus I think Titans would get in over Pittsburgh with a tie according to playoff machine. 

As for the Colts, been sayin it all along, I don’t see it at all. 

Edited by BayRaider

Current standings

1. Ravens (10-2)

2. Patriots (10-2)

3. Texans (8-4)

4. Chiefs (8-4)

5. Bills (9-3)

6. Steelers (7-5)

In the hunt: Titans (7-5), Raiders (6-6), Colts (6-6)

Impressive of the Steelers to start 3 different QB's this year and still be in the thick of it. Of the teams in the hunt, the team with the best shot of making it is the Titans. They've been playing great football. They're right in it for both the 6th WC spot and the division. 

Impact games to watch next week - Colts vs Bucs, Ravens vs Bills, Broncos vs Texans, Chiefs vs Pats, Titans vs Raiders, Steelers vs Cardinals 

I see BUF and TEN making the postseason. I've been impressed with TEN lately and I expect them to beat the Raiders (unfortunately for me) to continue their push to the playoffs. Maybe they're due for a bad game though. Oakland seems to own TEN in recent years, but the Titans are rolling now.

2 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Unlike the NFC the AFC wildcards stand little chance against the high powered offenses of the Chiefs and Texans.

The Bills and Steelers arguably have the best Defenses in the AFC. In fact, the only team you could argue as superior would be the Patriots. If the Steelers or Bills don't stand a chance it's because of their offenses not being able to put up 20, not because the Chiefs and Texans have high powered offenses. Hell, for all we know the Titans sweep the Texans.