Is Matt Patricia on the Hot Seat / Should He Be?

footbull3196

Does Matt Patricia deserve to be on the hot seat?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Does Matt Patricia deserve to be on the hot seat?

2. 2. Is Matt Patricia already on the hot seat?

Let me preface this discussion by starting off saying there will be 2 different poll questions, whether he is already on the hot seat and whether he deserves to be on the hot seat

I think he's getting screwed with the situation he's been dealt lately, especially given how much the Lions have looked like a real football team on the verge of realistically contending in the playoffs.  However, I think due to losing 5 of the last 6, as well as the fact that Stafford is now out for an extended period of time, he may already be coaching for his job.  It's not that the team hasn't looked the part, it's rather that they've repeatedly continued to let teams hang around and lost close games (particularly in the Arizona game and the KC/Oakland games, though you can't blame them whatsoever for the refs bungling the Packers game).  I see Detroit ending 6-9-1 and Patricia being shown the door

So to answer the thread question, NO he does not deserve whatsoever to be on the hot seat.  However, I think YES, he is clearly on the hot seat at the moment due to his lackluster 6-10 season in his first year

Edited by footbull3196

1 minute ago, cp0k2 said:

He's trash and so is Quinn. They should both be gone, but Martha Ford isn't going to fire either of them.

I'll give you the fact that his defense has looked worse and worse since he arrived, but part of that has to be attributed to the roster changes.  Glover Quin eventually succumbing to age and the team trading Diggs off in the middle of the season has led to the team not having a viable replacement lined up across from Slay.  Also they have serious issues at LB unless they're about to bring back prime DeAndre Levy

• Like 1

I don’t think Patricia is the long term answer at HC for Detroit. It’s a little early being that it’s only his second season, but I’d be thinking about moving on from the him. It wouldn’t be giving Patricia a totally fair shake at things but if I don’t believe he’s the guy down the road, then I’m not wasting time just for the sake of making it fair.

I think he has done a good job changing the culture of Detroit to an extent. IMO most coaches are highly overrated when it comes to results. I'm a players not plays type of guy unless a team is so utterly talented and still under-performing. I'm not convinced Detroit is that talented. 

It doesn't help that Stafford is Starting to have injuries catch up to him. Detroit is a poor roster imo much like Denver. They can front like an NFL team and compete in games but eventually the chickens come home to crow.

At least Denver is getting younger, has multiple 5 picks in first 3 rounds, and is having some sort of a Culture change.

Detroit just looks like Detroit hope I'm wrong bc I love that Te and Stafford. 

• Like 1

People need to give him some time to turn that team around.  The Lions are playing in a very tough division and they have also had a couple of losses that really should have been wins.  They are a better team than their record indicates.  If I were the owner of the Lions I would give him another two years and then make a decision.

• Like 1

The Lions need to fire Patricia and stop hiring from the Patriots front office and coaching staff. There is long history of terrible hires of coaches and G.Ms who come from that organization. Whatever success they have seems rarely to travel to another team. Lions also need to part ways with Stafford or seriously invest in a better OL. 

10 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I think all head coaches should be given some time to build their programs up. 

Instant success fades fast, Rams are an example of this as they look to be declining. 

Excuse me? What does NY even know about success? Last time they were relevant they had a toe sucking coach.