Is Matt Patricia on the Hot Seat / Should He Be?

footbull3196

Does Matt Patricia deserve to be on the hot seat?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Does Matt Patricia deserve to be on the hot seat?

2. 2. Is Matt Patricia already on the hot seat?

1 hour ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Excuse me? What does NY even know about success? Last time they were relevant they had a toe sucking coach. 

I’m sorry bro, I ain’t mean it like that. I’m saying McVay’s instant success seems to be coming down some. Teams are trying to replicate that and when it doesn’t happen they wanna move on from their coaches. Patience is key. 

My bad bro, I will right every Rams hater in here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Excuse me? What does NY even know about success? Last time they were relevant they had a toe sucking coach. 

Who peed in your cheerios? It might be a hard pill to swallow but your NFC Championship team is currently 3rd in the division just lost to Mason Rudolph. That's what we call a decline.

12 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I think all head coaches should be given some time to build their programs up. 

Instant success fades fast, Rams are an example of this as they look to be declining. 

Build the program up? He inherited a 9-7 team that had been 11-5, 7-9, 9-7 with 2 Playoff appearances prior to his arrival. He (and Quinn) has bottomed the program back out. The Patriots got better when he left. The Lions have gotten worse, especially on defense, his supposed specialty. I know Teryl Austin crapped the bed in Cincy, but that man worked miracles with Detroit's defense with less talent than Patricia has had since he's arrived. Patricia and Quinn are just the most recent failures of The Patriot Way being forced in other places. 

• Like 3

Does the average fan of other teams know who Detroit's Defensive Coordinator is? Paul Pasqualoni. Who? Oh, that 70 year old guy that was at Syracuse in the 90s? The guy that hadn't had an NFL job outside of as position coach in a decade? Yeah, him. What qualifies him to be a defensive coordinator? He gave Patricia his first job. What was ole Paul doing when Patricia gave him the Defensive Coordinator job? He was a position coach at Boston College. Patricia should never have been hired, but the hire of Paul Pasqualoni should be a fireable offense itself.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, cp0k2 said:

Build the program up? He inherited a 9-7 team that had been 11-5, 7-9, 9-7 with 2 Playoff appearances prior to his arrival. He (and Quinn) has bottomed the program back out. The Patriots got better when he left. The Lions have gotten worse, especially on defense, his supposed specialty. I know Teryl Austin crapped the bed in Cincy, but that man worked miracles with Detroit's defense with less talent than Patricia has had since he's arrived. Patricia and Quinn are just the most recent failures of The Patriot Way being forced in other places. 

I’m saying coaches in general. 

However in order to have sustained success, let’s say actual playoff success, you gotta take a step back, break things down and build it back up to where they 9-7, 10-6 stuff can become 12-4 and 13-3 consistently. 

3 year plan, crawl, walk then run. Clay Davis taught us that.

16 minutes ago, cp0k2 said:

Does the average fan of other teams know who Detroit's Defensive Coordinator is? Paul Pasqualoni. Who? Oh, that 70 year old guy that was at Syracuse in the 90s? The guy that hadn't had an NFL job outside of as position coach in a decade? Yeah, him. What qualifies him to be a defensive coordinator? He gave Patricia his first job. What was ole Paul doing when Patricia gave him the Defensive Coordinator job? He was a position coach at Boston College. Patricia should never have been hired, but the hire of Paul Pasqualoni should be a fireable offense itself.

Speaking the truth. 

He’ll get at least one more season IMO.

They need to get rid of Jarrad Davis and get healthy if they want a chance to improve. Their defense wasn’t this bad at the beginning of the year when they were playing against better QBs surprisingly. I wasn’t a huge fan of the hiring to begin with, but I’m good with being conservative and giving him one more year.

if he’s fired, Quinn is gone also.

Edited by fortdetroit

On 11/11/2019 at 12:49 PM, cp0k2 said:

Thank you lol.  Not sure where all this outrage was when Jim Caldwell was getting fired after a 9-7 season.  People said the Lions needed change because he’d been too pedestrian, but he showed far more in his tenure than Patricia has at any point so far, especially defensively

Edited by footbull3196