Your Plan for the O-line

theJ

Ride it out with Ced and Fisher as the starters.  Maybe bench Ced for Andre in game for a few series so you can give him in game coaching.  Bring in a coach just for him.  Bench Bodine.  I would say cut him, but we already lost one guy in the interior.  I would try Westerman or Johnson in that spot.  Maybe sign Mangold or Diellman and give them a chance as well.  Actually, sign both tose guys and go ahead and cut Bodine.

1 hour ago, Beck Bristow said:

Ride it out with Ced and Fisher as the starters.  Maybe bench Ced for Andre in game for a few series so you can give him in game coaching.  Bring in a coach just for him.  Bench Bodine.  I would say cut him, but we already lost one guy in the interior.  I would try Westerman or Johnson in that spot.  Maybe sign Mangold or Diellman and give them a chance as well.  Actually, sign both tose guys and go ahead and cut Bodine.

I don't mind trying Johnson, but from what i've seen he's not going to be much better.  Probably not worse either, but still.

I never gave an answer in this thread.  I think i'd ride it out for another game or two, depending on how bad it gets.  Then likely bench Ced if his play continues.  Put in Andre at LT.  TJ Johnson at RG.  Give Fisher another few games to iron some things out, mainly because i'm running out of backups to plug in.

9 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

We forget that Dre was barely a decent RT.  I'd rather keep up with Ced and hope something clicks.  Most of his issues seem mental.

His problem is that he always takes a step back and lets the DE hit him first, dictating the action.  He has to start making the first move.  If I see it, how can the coaches not see it?

5 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

His problem is that he always takes a step back and lets the DE hit him first, dictating the action.  He has to start making the first move.  If I see it, how can the coaches not see it?

He also doesn't try to hold blocks.  He just lets the guy come at him, then tries to push him whichever way the guy goes around.  He doesn't move his feet either.  So if the push doesn't put the defender off balance, he has a clear path at the ball.

Listening to a Bengals podcast this morning, they interviewed Paul Alexander. He blamed the tackles for relying on their athleticism and not their technique and when asked about why they didnt give Ced helped, he asked the reporter if he watched the game because they did.....I cannot stand this guy as an O line coach. He also said ht didnt say much to the guys because he didnt want to overwhelm them after that performance. 

27 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

Listening to a Bengals podcast this morning, they interviewed Paul Alexander. He blamed the tackles for relying on their athleticism and not their technique and when asked about why they didnt give Ced helped, he asked the reporter if he watched the game because they did.....I cannot stand this guy as an O line coach. He also said ht didnt say much to the guys because he didnt want to overwhelm them after that performance. 

I get the sense that he realizes he whiffed on Ogbeuhi, but he was probably banging his fists on the table for the Bengals to draft him, so now he has to justify the pick. I would respect him as a coach much more if he said, "he has all the measureables in the world, but if you don't start producing, you are going to ride the bench". I get he wants to boost Ogbeuhi's confidence, but its not gonna happen, because he is going to get beat every game. He sucks. I will eat so much crow if he turns it around, but I don't even see him becoming an average tackle at this point.

2018 Rd 1 pick, LT
2018 rd 2 pick, C
2019 rd 1 pick, RT
2019 rd 2 pick G

Maybe sign another guard for big money in free agency one of those years too.  We have RB, WR, QB if we stick with Andy, and TE if we resign Eifert all covered.  Use the rest of the drafts trying to hit on defense.  We seem to draft better in rds 3-4 for defense better than we do in rounds 1-2 anyway.

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

2018 Rd 1 pick, LT
2018 rd 2 pick, C
2019 rd 1 pick, RT
2019 rd 2 pick G

Maybe sign another guard for big money in free agency one of those years too.  We have RB, WR, QB if we stick with Andy, and TE if we resign Eifert all covered.  Use the rest of the drafts trying to hit on defense.  We seem to draft better in rds 3-4 for defense better than we do in rounds 1-2 anyway.

depends on where they draft.  I responded to your post about a QB in the first if it's top 5.  if they like Dalton enough, and clearly they do, if they end up in the top 5, trade back once or twice and draft a LT, RT, and a C by the end of the second.  Then grab a guard ion the third, or trade for any of them straight up for McCarron.

Archived