Gameballs and Jockstraps - Min @ Dallas

Matts4313

This is a repeat of the Rams playoff game. To a Tee. Its so frustrating to see this happen again. 

GB: Dak and the WR core. 

Something in between GB/JS: The OL, Kellen Moore

JS: Everyone else. Defense sucked. Zeke Sucked. Defensive coaches. Special teams coaching. Which both fall on Garrett. 

Edited by Matts4313

Why did Tavon call the fair catch there? Why? How?

The only explanation that makes any sense to me is that he thought the game clock wouldn’t have stopped if he’d been tackled in bounds, like when Felix Jones ran out of bounds on 4th down against Detroit.

That was Garrett’s first year. This is year nine.

Game ball: Dak, and receiving core. Minny had no real answers. 

jock strap. O line- they played well in pass protection, but offered no push in the run game. I mean none what so ever. 

zeke- he was taken out of the game. O line is big reason for that. But end of the day he got nothing done regardless of who’s at fault. 

Connor Williams- he was part of that crap oline, but is singled out because of that one awful play where he tried to go to the second level early and allowed DT to sneak in and tackle Zeke on that huge 3rd down play. 

defensive play calling- Stop playing scared! Yet another game where they tried to play safe and acted like they were playing an explosive offense like the chiefs. Cousins was never challenged to make plays and instead allowed cook and his oline to punish the defense on long soul crushing drives. Which also kept explosive Cowboys offense off the field. 

2 minutes ago, project T.O said:

O line- they played well in pass protection, but offered no push in the run game. I mean none what so ever. 

zeke- he was taken out of the game. O line is big reason for that. But end of the day he got nothing done regardless of who’s at fault

I strongly, strongly disagree with this. And I disagreed with the announcers at the start of the game as well that Minny was selling out against the run. They fake run blitzed a lot. They faked a safety in the box a lot. 

What the Vikings did, from my one view so I could be wrong, was hard slant to the playside. Its why our boots worked so well. 

Its Zekes fault for not making any good cutbacks. He was completely slow to diagnose and react to the DLs movement. If he cuts early, he is setting up his OL to succeed and likely only has 1 back side LB to make miss. 

I saw someone else say our interior OL was struggling, which is 1/2 true. When they got a hat on a guy, they did fine. But they got confused way to often by the aforementioned fake run blitzes. 

The other option is to let them slant hard playside and have Dak keep it. Dak could have gotten amazing yards on several of those zone reads we handed it off. 

But I think the coaching staff was scared of their DE's and told Dak to keep handing it. It was so wide open it was ridiculous though. 

13 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The other option is to let them slant hard playside and have Dak keep it. Dak could have gotten amazing yards on several of those zone reads we handed it off. 

But I think the coaching staff was scared of their DE's and told Dak to keep handing it. It was so wide open it was ridiculous though. 

If Dak ran it 1 time for a descent gain it could have helped keep the defense honest. But Dak didn't

26 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I strongly, strongly disagree with this. And I disagreed with the announcers at the start of the game as well that Minny was selling out against the run. They fake run blitzed a lot. They faked a safety in the box a lot. 

What the Vikings did, from my one view so I could be wrong, was hard slant to the playside. Its why our boots worked so well. 

Its Zekes fault for not making any good cutbacks. He was completely slow to diagnose and react to the DLs movement. If he cuts early, he is setting up his OL to succeed and likely only has 1 back side LB to make miss. 

I saw someone else say our interior OL was struggling, which is 1/2 true. When they got a hat on a guy, they did fine. But they got confused way to often by the aforementioned fake run blitzes. 

Deff would have liked to see more options plays where Dak kept it. Zeke was getting hit Early on a lot of hand offs, but I will admit there were a few times where his vision looked sub par as he missed some cut backs. 

vikings were throwing some diff looks though, but only really seemed to confuse oline on run plays. 

GB.  Dak Coop Cobb DLaw

JS LB core.  

HM coaching. I don’t follow the standard line on fire JG though he is no means my fav but one of the things that really irritate me is he gets both stubborn ie keep doing the same thing though it ain’t working.  And he also seems to default to trying to trick teams the third and two run play    

On a side note I had no problem with he second down run   If we do there what we’ve done or average this game 3 yards a rush and  its a first down still this also goes to being stubborn as it seemed Minny was ready for the run so maybe something about our alignment gave away the play call personally I thought is was he place for a option with Dak and Zeke to the strong side with a pass option as well   Still the run makes sense at that spot of the field down and distance and time of clock    A first down running gives us four plays to effectively win the game    

And on a side note another problem I have with Garret was the 4th down play made no sense as Dak had limited options it was Coop Witten or Zeke and that was it   And this had been a huge carry over problem over the years and Garrett offense no clear  play concept that makes it easy on the QB like the play Minny ran on 4th down 

the comment about the way Minny DL was playing made some sense and I did notice there was zero cut back by zeke and that is usually a strong suit  Also Dak had zero rush attempts this game     I don’t know if the coaches were too afraid of their ends But all game Dak had great success throwing out of the pocket