Tony7188

Is Zeke declined?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Has Zeke declined?

• Yes
    • No
    • Too early to tell

On 11/13/2019 at 9:52 AM, acowboys62 said:

Watched the video...love Baldys stuff but a few observations...and I say this as someone who did not want to pay Zeke or any RB any amount of money beyond their rookie contract. The problem currently is not Zeke it is the OLine as a run line has regressed to be at best middle of the road if now bottom half of the league.  Why is no one up in arms about those high paid guys who are failing to do their jobs? Zeke has hardly been great enough to overcome their issues, but our currently run blocking and our coaches insistence to continue to rely on it is downright pathetic. 

At the 1 min mark where the does not run over the LB no the Rams...he does not point out that the DB is hanging onto Zekes feet.  Few players in history can run through a guy who outweigh them by 15-30 pounds with another person hanging onto their feet. Try getting any leverage and keep your momentum going after that. 

At the 1:25 min mark the saints have 8 men in the box, bring in Cobb which brings a 9th man into the box vs 8 for Dallas, 93 is hitting Zeke before the LOS and it is 100% on Zeke that he losses a fumble which arguably in the long scheme of that game costs us the game, however...what type of **** play calling is that?  Let's run 7 vs 8 oh actually let's make the LOS more crowded and run 8 vs 9. Trash all around

At the 1:37 min mark 6 guys in the box and the safeties are not back...only 1 is back with the other creeping in and coming down into the box, O Line gets blown up and yea some no name guy stuffs Zeke, but what cut back or alternate lane was available? Oh and the fact that a Cowboy player trips Zeke because he let his man carry him down the line, so sure it looks like a pancake for Martin but he got absolutely bull rushed down the line into the play. At 2:00 min he says the play is not horribly blocked...please watch that video and tell me that is a valid take

At the 2:30 min mark, Zeke 100% could have cut that and voided that contact, that is on him. But we need to please acknowledge the called a run there vs a 9 man box and had once again were running 9 v 8...just stupid from the start. Zeke should have overcome that however. 

At the 3:15 min mark, confused entirely by Baldys take on this. Collins lets Hunter go as he should...Frederick completed missed on Kendricks, like absolutely whiffed.  Hunter is unreal around the edge on that play and hits Zeke. Not sure where they are on the field here but the ball is 1 yard shy of the main line...Zeke is lined up 5-6 yards behind that spot and gets the ball 5 yards behind the LOS.  Zeke has 7 yards to gain for the first down based on the distance...Hunter and Kendricks unlocked have 1 yard to get into the backfield. Please someone who played RB or Oline or coaches explain to me why Zeke should easily make 2 yards there? At 3:31 Baldy says Zeke can make that, but the time Zeke has full possession of the ball he has 5-6 yards to go and Hunter is already squared up on the LOS with Kendrick right behind. I just do not see how anyone in their right mind things that is the correct take on that play. 

...Need to go back to work, but the question is not what happened to Zeke, it should be what happened to the highest paid Oline in the NFL?

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol/2019

IDK Has Dallas Oline ranked number 3 in Run blocking and number 2 in pass protection.  So they seem to be doing something right as a unit. 

2 hours ago, textaz03 said:

IDK Has Dallas Oline ranked number 3 in Run blocking and number 2 in pass protection.  So they seem to be doing something right as a unit. 

Interesting figures, certainly goes against everything I have been seeing in most of these games. Looks like we are 3rd based on adjusted yards, looking at that formula that puts the most weight (negatively) into losses followed by 0-4 yard runs. Without having the time to read the full nature of these stats, I would assume that if someone said to this thread that the Cowboys are the best 0-4 yard running team in the NFL that not help the point that Zeke can break big gains anymore.  I assume that our high Power success % includes Dak's runs.  Very surprised to see Dallas best at stuff %, esp after Sunday night. Not quite understanding 2nd level and open field.  

Our pass protection has been great this year, helped out by Dak, but I was not speaking to their pass protection.  

2 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

Interesting figures, certainly goes against everything I have been seeing in most of these games. Looks like we are 3rd based on adjusted yards, looking at that formula that puts the most weight (negatively) into losses followed by 0-4 yard runs. Without having the time to read the full nature of these stats, I would assume that if someone said to this thread that the Cowboys are the best 0-4 yard running team in the NFL that not help the point that Zeke can break big gains anymore.  I assume that our high Power success % includes Dak's runs.  Very surprised to see Dallas best at stuff %, esp after Sunday night. Not quite understanding 2nd level and open field.  

Our pass protection has been great this year, helped out by Dak, but I was not speaking to their pass protection.  

If we use that same website to look at RBs...Zeke has been a clear #2 RB in the NFL with CMC a clear and the rest well behind.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/rb/2019

I think we would all agree Zeke is not the number 2 RB this year. But stats. 

2 hours ago, textaz03 said:

O-Line in the Top 3, Dak in the Top 3, Zeke in the Top 5, Amari killing it, Defense Top 5 in Points allowed

I haven't checked the standings, we 9-0?, nah, 8-1 I would guess...., Probably an upset in there somewhere. Definitely no worse than 7-2.....

Fancy Stats and Rankings are the WORST - Only 1 Stat Matters: WINS

Edited by TheGame316
  • Like 1

On 11/11/2019 at 8:41 AM, Nextyearfordaboyz said:
On 11/10/2019 at 11:33 PM, WizardHawk said:

I'm beginning to think that if Zeke doesn't get off to a good start, he can lose interest pretty quickly.

I don't think I buy this. Dude is still a monster in pass protection even when he isn't running well, which I'd imagine would see a dropoff if he was "losing interest".

The fact is, it's hard to run the ball when the other team is dedicated to stopping it. And even if you are "successful", let's say 5-6ypc, it still doesn't make sense to run it every first down.

Losing interest is probably bad.....but how about losing confidence? I have a tough time believing anyone would think Zeke playing on par with his past self. 

Edited by WizardHawk
  • Like 1

Zeke Has a a number of unique skills that put him as a top rusher imo

1 is he has the up the middle power to get 3-4 yards when most backs get 1-2 but this year he is getting 1-2 instead of 3-4 be it bad push by the OL or he is a bit slow getting to the LOS. Believe me those two yards x2 are huge if you run it 1st 2nd down also rarely does he loose yards 

Even the Vikings game he lost yards on only three carries and yes two of those were the terribly executed plays at the end of the game 

2 he has the speed and agility to get to edge and get up field getting big runs on those power sweeps and quick toss   Right now our OL is not blocking well enough on those type of runs which are stopped cold when you allow penetration in the interior or can’t set the edge.  

3 any run play Zeke has the quickness and speed to take it to the house 

Thus he is real good at grinding out 2-3 yards on every run being 3-5 or 6 is a huge difference then 3-8 and can take any run to the house 

i have seen this all year except the past two games Vikings and lions and in those games while the pass blocking was there the middle of our OL was getting killed in run blocking 

I can give a pass to the Minny game they routinely have a elite frt 7.  But the lions have a bottom of the pack D

Edited by quiller

2 hours ago, quiller said:

Zeke Has a a number of unique skills that put him as a top rusher imo

1 is he has the up the middle power to get 3-4 yards when most backs get 1-2 but this year he is getting 1-2 instead of 3-4 be it bad push by the OL or he is a bit slow getting to the LOS. Believe me those two yards x2 are huge if you run it 1st 2nd down also rarely does he loose yards 

Even the Vikings game he lost yards on only three carries and yes two of those were the terribly executed plays at the end of the game 

2 he has the speed and agility to get to edge and get up field getting big runs on those power sweeps and quick toss   Right now our OL is not blocking well enough on those type of runs which are stopped cold when you allow penetration in the interior or can’t set the edge.  

3 any run play Zeke has the quickness and speed to take it to the house 

Thus he is real good at grinding out 2-3 yards on every run being 3-5 or 6 is a huge difference then 3-8 and can take any run to the house 

i have seen this all year except the past two games Vikings and lions and in those games while the pass blocking was there the middle of our OL was getting killed in run blocking 

I can give a pass to the Minny game they routinely have a elite frt 7.  But the lions have a bottom of the pack D

has or had???

• 2 weeks later...