Kyler Murray vs Daniel Jones

patriotsheatyan

Kyler Murray vs Daniel Jones  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Kyler Murray vs Daniel Jones

• Kyler Murray
    • Daniel Jones

14 minutes ago, titwio said:

Name one.  Markus Golden is the only one that even comes close.

Are we giving up on that Barkley guy already? 

If you want to blame the OL for Jones' erratic and disappointing production (At times) then you'd think Saquon would benefit from the same excuse, no? How about Golden Tate? Comparatively speaking, he's been more impressive as a WR than Jones has been as a QB. I could go on if I combed through the roster but I'd rather not.

Not here to rip on Jones but let's not act like he's a good (yet) player on a bad team, he too is very much the reason for the Giants being 2-9. This isn't to say he won't figure it out, but to often fans (Myself included) want certain guys to be better then they are so instead they blame everyone else. 

12 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

If you want to blame the OL for Jones' erratic and disappointing production (At times) then you'd think Saquon would benefit from the same excuse, no? How about Golden Tate? Comparatively speaking, he's been more impressive as a WR than Jones has been as a QB. I could go on if I combed through the roster but I'd rather not.

Not here to rip on Jones but let's not act like he's a good (yet) player on a bad team, he too is very much the reason for the Giants being 2-9. This isn't to say he won't figure it out, but to often fans (Myself included) want certain guys to be better then they are so instead they blame everyone else. 

Building off this: It's unfair to push a narrative that Jones is the victim of a poor supporting cast without looking at the situation objectively - How might Jones also be contributing to the problem. Also, blaming his fumbling issue on unblocked defenders is tunnel vision - Luckily for you, it's something that should be an easy fix over time. 

To put this first part in perspective, here's an example of Jones making life difficult for his teammates (Barkley) 

11 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

My original post was that Jones was the best player on his team “this year.”  Saquon has been injured or playing injured.  He’s a mere shell of himself.  It’s sad to watch him go down to arm tackles by the first guy who touches him when last year he led the league in yards after contact.  He’s not the best player on the team this year.  Tate isn’t either imo.  Guy barely gets any separation but he has been pretty good lately.  

You can comb down the roster as much as you want but I’ll make it easy for you.  No one on the  OL, no one in the backfield, none of the wideouts,  no one on the DL or LBs minus maybe Markus Golden, ...the secondary? (Actually mentioning that unit made me giggle).  

Jones has 19 total TDs to 8 ints.  The fumbles are correctable (still annoying) but he has easily IMO been the brightest spot on that ragamuffin 2-9 squad.

44 minutes ago, titwio said:

My original post was that Jones was the best player on his team “this year.”  Saquon has been injured or playing injured.  He’s a mere shell of himself.  It’s sad to watch him go down to arm tackles by the first guy who touches him when last year he led the league in yards after contact.  He’s not the best player on the team this year.  Tate isn’t either imo.  Guy barely gets any separation but he has been pretty good lately.  

You can comb down the roster as much as you want but I’ll make it easy for you.  No one on the  OL, no one in the backfield, none of the wideouts,  no one on the DL or LBs minus maybe Markus Golden, ...the secondary? (Actually mentioning that unit made me giggle).  

Jones has 19 total TDs to 8 ints.  The fumbles are correctable (still annoying) but he has easily IMO been the brightest spot on that ragamuffin 2-9 squad.

Brightest? Sure.

Saquon, albeit a shell of himself, is on pace for 1,400 APY over 16 games (More if you ignore the game he got hurt)That is better production than a QB with 20+ turnovers even if most of those should be correctable. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Brightest? Sure.

Saquon, albeit a shell of himself, is on pace for 1,400 APY over 16 games (More if you ignore the game he got hurt)That is better production than a QB with 20+ turnovers even if most of those should be correctable. 

You’re cherry picking.  Let’s put it this way, since Jones has been a starter since week 3,  what would your grade be for Barkley in terms of offensive contribution.  Oh and don’t forget protection and blitz pickup.   Zero hundred yard rushing games.  Barkley is NO WHERE near the back he was last year where he could overcome an awful OL and I’m a huge Barkley fan. The Giants run game is non existent.  Have you even been watching? Serious question.  They’re talking about shutting him down and having Gallman be the lead back.

1 hour ago, titwio said:

What about Evan Engram? He's not on the OL, in the backfield, a wideout, DL, LB, or in the secondary, so you didn't disqualify him. I'd rate him higher than Jones as a player. Yes, he is a limited player, but so is Jones up to this point. Will Jones be the best player on this team? Well, he could be top-two on the roster in a few seasons, but if I'm building a team from scratch and I'm told to pick one Giants player this season to be on my roster, I'm picking Engram over Jones, Golden, the other Golden, or Saquon. 

19 minutes ago, titwio said:

You’re cherry picking.  Let’s put it this way, since Jones has been a starter since week 3,  what would your grade be for Barkley in terms of offensive contribution.  Oh and don’t forget protection and blitz pickup.   Zero hundred yard rushing games.  Barkley is NO WHERE near the back he was last year where he could overcome an awful OL and I’m a huge Barkley fan. The Giants run game is non existent.  Have you even been watching? Serious question.  They’re talking about shutting him down and having Gallman be the lead back.

I’m literally considering both players entire statistical output as well as external circumstances - hardly cherry picking. Barkley was a bad example because he’s clearly injured right now, but the question was who’s been the best Giants player “This season”. His ability to overcome an awful OL last year could’ve also been in part to having a savy vet like Eli put him in a position to succeed ;) (See video I posted)

Regardless, my point remains that you want Daniel Jones to be great so badly that it’s clearly difficult for you to objectively evaluate the guy. There are other players on the Giants playing better football at their respected positions. 

30 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

I’m literally considering both players entire statistical output as well as external circumstances - hardly cherry picking. Barkley was a bad example because he’s clearly injured right now, but the question was who’s been the best Giants player “This season”. His ability to overcome an awful OL last year could’ve also been in part to having a savy vet like Eli put him in a position to succeed ;) (See video I posted)

Regardless, my point remains that you want Daniel Jones to be great so badly that it’s clearly difficult for you to objectively evaluate the guy. There are other players on the Giants playing better football at their respected positions. 

I’m not a Daniel Jones homer.  Hated the pick actually but I’ve been pleasantly surprised with what I’ve seen. 

So thus we circle back to the question I already asked.  Can you name one player?  

1 hour ago, HoboRocket said:

What about Evan Engram? He's not on the OL, in the backfield, a wideout, DL, LB, or in the secondary, so you didn't disqualify him. I'd rate him higher than Jones as a player. Yes, he is a limited player, but so is Jones up to this point. Will Jones be the best player on this team? Well, he could be top-two on the roster in a few seasons, but if I'm building a team from scratch and I'm told to pick one Giants player this season to be on my roster, I'm picking Engram over Jones, Golden, the other Golden, or Saquon. 

Engram has enormous talent but as the saying goes,  the best ability is availability and Engram hasn’t shown he can stay healthy to put forth a full season of contribution that lives up to his talent expectations.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...