Week 2 GDT - Philadelphia Eagles @ Kansas City Chiefs - Sept. 17, 1:00 PM

Phire

Man starting the season with 2 road games, ain't fun. At least we get to end with 2 at home, namely against Dallas.

I'm honestly not terribly confident this week given Doug is facing off against his master who should know everything he knows before he does it. Also the win over New England makes KC much more scary.

15 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Andy vs Dougie... Over/Under 150 pass attempts combined. 

I can't say that those WRs scare me its Kelce and Hunt that do. They make it a conscious effort to get their guys the ball. 

If he's matched up on Tyreek Hill, it's not going to be pretty.  I think it makes a lot more sense to have P-Rob on him though.

48 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

I think we'll be able to contain Hunt and limit the amount of damage he can do. However, I expect Hill to absolutely destroy our defense. I don't think we have a single defensive back that can match up on him with Darby out. 

They key is just knowing where he is on the field and having our safeties account for him over the top.

I actually think we'll be a pretty tough matchup for the Chiefs. If we play the run like we did yesterday, we'll have a good shot at this game.  However, Andy Reid already loves his screens and delays, and that is generally the Achilles' heel of Schwartz's aggressive style.  So that part certainly worries me.

3 minutes ago, BLick12 said:

They key is just knowing where he is on the field and having our safeties account for him over the top.

I actually think we'll be a pretty tough matchup for the Chiefs. If we play the run like we did yesterday, we'll have a good shot at this game.  However, Andy Reid already loves his screens and delays, and that is generally the Achilles' heel of Schwartz's aggressive style.  So that part certainly worries me.

Yes...the DL can't overly commit with all the underneath stuff going on. 

I think the D plays a lot of zone this coming week. Let things develop in front of them and limit the YAC. Trying to cover Hill and Hunt in man will get us killed. I'll let the front 4 create some pressure and make Alex beat me. I think if we can bracket a successful zone and keep them contained we can win a low scoring game. If they can make big plays, it'll be a long day. Houston is going to give us fits. Let's hope Wentz can be just as elusive as he was week 1. I actually think we should put Kendricks out a lot. Let him roam in that second level and make plays. In the end, I don't think we win this in Arrowhead. But if we can keep it low, we've got a shot. But ultimately, 20-17 Chiefs. 

Easy to say after the NE beat down that the Eagles can't win or matchup. However I don't for one second see Alex Smith having another big week just sitting back there with Zero Fear of getting hit.

He like most QB's hates pressure, tends to make mistakes, takes to many sacks and throw ducks when that happens. Hopefully the Eagles can get after him as well. If not and he has all day, We have no chance! 

With Berry out I'll be curious if we attack the middle with Ertz? He was the reason Gronk was shut down. Peters will eliminate AJ productivity outside so probably another Agholor/Ertz feed fest since we'll probably pass 60x.

I wonder how much of KC Terminology will be tweaked if at all for this game? Have to figure Pederson knows their play calls on both sides of the ball and can give Eagle players key words/phrases/alignment/adjustments to pick up on for an advantage? Or is that unlikely a year removed from the Chiefs Organization?

7 hours ago, nlesthought said:

Andy vs Dougie... Over/Under 150 pass attempts combined. 

I can't say that those WRs scare me its Kelce and Hunt that do. They make it a conscious effort to get their guys the ball. 

Not worried about who is going to cover Tyreek Hill all game? 

Archived