Week 2 GDT - Philadelphia Eagles @ Kansas City Chiefs - Sept. 17, 1:00 PM

Phire

Ninja being Ninja. Never change.

Maybe if our Idiot HC wasn't asking our QB to throw 51 times in a SB while giving our best player Brian Westbrook only 15 rush attempts? Opportunities to choke would be limited!! Worked for Wilson. Worked for Ben. Worked for Flacco. Worked for .... Fill in most any SB winning QB.

Same idiot HC who thought for a Decade Plus that the Lewis's, Pinkston's, Brown's, Thrashes's were legit viable WR's to succeed in his Offense.

4 minutes ago, Phire said:

Ahh I remember these exact arguments back in 2008-09 lol

Yep. Oddly enough the two years Reid was basically forced to Draft players like Desean and Maclin after McNabbs comments!!

No coincidence 3 of Donovan's best years came with TO, Desean and Maclin. Talent at the skilled Positions ( besides RB ), actually helps a QB

Like others have said we are definitely gonna get outcoached on offense, especially with Reid having extra time to prepare.

Alex Smith also is a QB that isn't gonna make many mistakes and Hunt almost never fumbles which made fumbling on his first NFL carry really surprising.

So, what does that mean?

Wentz is going to have to make plays. Lots of them. 

He needs to be at least decent accuracy wise to the deep areas of the field and good to all the rest. Converting anywhere close on 3rd down like he did against WAS would be a big help too.

Kansas City was 26th in total rushing yards given up and 24th in yards per carry allowed last year, so hopefully Doug will run a bit more. 

Seumalo needs to be better cause he's gonna have to help Kelce with an old friend of ours in Bennie Logan who is still really good in the run game.

4 hours ago, Phire said:

I think Chip got extremely lucky in 2013.

I don't think he did anything in particular that caused all 5 of our OL to stay healthy all year. You can cite "sports science" all you want, but that's unheard of for the entire line to stay healthy. The stars just aligned for us there.

I also don't think he did anything in particular that caused Nick Foles to play like Brady, Montana, Marino, Manning, Favre, and Rodgers fused into the ultimate god-being. Who knows what the heck was going on with Foles in 2013 but clearly that magic was gone by the time 2014 rolled around, Chip or no Chip.

I also don't think Chip did anything in particular that caused Riley Cooper to play like the child of Randy Moss and Fred-Ex.

Can you take away the fact that 2013 was a relatively successful season? No, because it happened. But how it happened gets funnier and funnier as time passes. I think there were a lot of things clearly outside Chip's control that went right that year. Sometimes the ball keeps bouncing your way.

Also once the league figured out "his offense" he had zero ability to adjust. He just slammed his head against a wall and got rid of star players until he got fired. 

I think the most important question to ask about this game is; With time management issues and random play calling blunders, will Andy Reid and Doug Pederson coaching in the same game cause a rip in the space-time continuum? And when it rips, which coach will try and challenge such rip, only to be told by Ed Hochuli that a space-time continuum rip is, by rule, unchallengeable and have to put the red flag back in their pocket. 

8 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Ninja being Ninja. Never change.

Maybe if our Idiot HC wasn't asking our QB to throw 51 times in a SB while giving our best player Brian Westbrook only 15 rush attempts? Opportunities to choke would be limited!! Worked for Wilson. Worked for Ben. Worked for Flacco. Worked for .... Fill in most any SB winning QB.

Same idiot HC who thought for a Decade Plus that the Lewis's, Pinkston's, Brown's, Thrashes's were legit viable WR's to succeed in his Offense.

real talk here now that we know that mcnabb is a huge alcoholic was he hungover in all those games he threw up on the field? 

Chip's first year worked out because 
1. LeSean McCoy/Dat offensive Line doe
2. Nobody was accustomed to his way of going about the game.

Second year... IDK, still didn't make the playoffs though.

As a coach he was very gimmicky and WERE he given the chance to be in the league longer, I think then he would have had a solid chance to make a case for being one of the worst coaches the NFL has seen, but from the numbers of just his first two seasons alone, that's simply not the case.

I wasn't fond of the hiring when we made it, I never thought his coaching style would transfer over to the NFL. Regardless many people were ecstatic and I just hoped for the best.

15 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I get Chief Fans being excited about Andy yet we've seen this story before. Will win you games, Division Crowns, get you to the Playoffs more times then not, maybe even multiple AFCCG but will never win you a SB.

He's the HC version of Dan Marino

This line of thinking makes zero sense to me.   Andy Reid certainly has his flaws as a coach that will make it hard to win in the playoffs, but how can someone be good enough to coach their team to a championship game and wins in the playoff but not good enough to win a SB?  It's literally one game, and half the time the team in the championship game is just as good if not better than the team in the SB.  Andy Reid is definitely a SB caliber coach, it just requires a lot of factors to win a SB, outside of coaching.

As far as Chip, I feel as though if he got Mariota, there's a good chance he's still coaching here.  I really think his offense more than anything needs a QB that's a dual threat, I've always maintained that during his tenure here, hence why I always believed Vick was the way to go.  He was a terrible GM, there's no doubt about that, and that was ultimately his downfall, but I think as an X's and O's coach, he's among the best there is.  

Archived