Week 2 GDT - Philadelphia Eagles @ Kansas City Chiefs - Sept. 17, 1:00 PM

Phire

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Chip's first year worked out because 
1. LeSean McCoy/Dat offensive Line doe
2. Nobody was accustomed to his way of going about the game.

Second year... IDK, still didn't make the playoffs though.

As a coach he was very gimmicky and WERE he given the chance to be in the league longer, I think then he would have had a solid chance to make a case for being one of the worst coaches the NFL has seen, but from the numbers of just his first two seasons alone, that's simply not the case.

I wasn't fond of the hiring when we made it, I never thought his coaching style would transfer over to the NFL. Regardless many people were ecstatic and I just hoped for the best.

Going 10-6 even one season, let alone your first two seasons basically solidifies the fact that you're not going to be the worst coach to ever grace the NFL. Chip definitely had flaws as a coach, but his flaws on the talent evaluation side were far worse.  

Believe it or not, Marty Morningweg was a HC at one point.  The guy that took the wind....

7 minutes ago, Phire said:

I mean, there's a reason Chip's essentially unemployed. He's an "analyst" but has anyone seen him analyzing anything?

Eh, the job with the Niners was a death sentence for any coach.  Never made any sense why he would take that other than to get another HC job right away; he'd have been better off sitting out a year like he's doing now and trying to come back the following. If he wants to come back in the NFL, he'll have to do it as an OC, but he might not have the humility to do that.  I think he'll go back to college. 

7 minutes ago, BLick12 said:

Eh, the job with the Niners was a death sentence for any coach.  Never made any sense why he would take that other than to get another HC job right away; he'd have been better off sitting out a year like he's doing now and trying to come back the following. If he wants to come back in the NFL, he'll have to do it as an OC, but he might not have the humility to do that.  I think he'll go back to college. 

I agree he was in the worst possible situation here and there. I still believe he shouldn't have been given the credit card to buy the tools.

Playing DA here but we had young guys who were the face of this team with hardly a veteran presence. There wasn't a lot of buy in from those guys so they were removed. I see a lot of the same thing going on in Dallas and NYG. Some of those me guys are needed but if they don't fall in line the ride gets rocky for the captain when he sets a course. 

Hard to find that balance.

22 minutes ago, Phire said:

I mean, there's a reason Chip's essentially unemployed. He's an "analyst" but has anyone seen him analyzing anything?

It's a shame he was too prideful to go back to Oregon, He would have been perfect for them and I love Oregon football. 

17 minutes ago, Danger said:

It's a shame he was too prideful to go back to Oregon, He would have been perfect for them and I love Oregon football. 

Did he have that option? The Ducks hired Willie Taggart before Chip was let go, right?

Just now, Jlash said:

Did he have that option? The Ducks hired Willie Taggart before Chip was let go, right?

I'm not sure, but everyone knew that Chip was going to be fired from San Fran for months. It could have happened if both parties truly wanted it to.

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'm not sure, but everyone knew that Chip was going to be fired from San Fran for months. It could have happened if both parties truly wanted it to.

I'm 99% sure all of the big college gigs were locked up long before he was ousted in SF. 

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Officially speaking.

Yea, officially speaking. We know Chip is too prideful to have bailed on a job to run back to college until he was forced to. He won't have any problem landing a gig this offseason if he wants to.

Just now, Jlash said:

Yea, officially speaking. We know Chip is too prideful to have bailed on a job to run back to college until he was forced to. He won't have any problem landing a gig this offseason if he wants to.

I know. But he and Oregon were just a match made in heaven. He missed the opportunity to get back with his Ex in a happy ending. cri

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

I know. But he and Oregon were just a match made in heaven. He missed the opportunity to get back with his Ex in a happy ending. cri

He could build a pretty powerhouse program at a school like Ole Miss too.. or Florida when that gig comes open soon enough. 

1 minute ago, BLick12 said:

He could build a pretty powerhouse program at a school like Ole Miss too.. or Florida when that gig comes open soon enough. 

Yea Ole MIss is wide open after this season with Freeze getting busted. Even as dominant as he was at Oregon, the top prospects weren't going there. Imagine that offense with his scheme and SEC caliber athletes?

Archived