Week 2 GDT - Philadelphia Eagles @ Kansas City Chiefs - Sept. 17, 1:00 PM

Phire

36 minutes ago, Phire said:

Didn't have a veteran presence here? Jason Peters, Barwin, Graham, Kelce, Mathis, Herremans, Celek, etc etc etc???

Chip turned the team into a disaster, he didn't inherit one.

I'd actually argue he'd be better off with a young team that's ok with his style of coaching because they don't know any better from college. The bigger issue with Chip team wise seemed to stem from not knowing how to deal with guys that had sizable contracts and egos that would clash with what he wanted, which was complete control.  Granted some of the older guys bought in, but it was clear most were not on board once things started to hit the fan.

As for your second sentence, plenty of people thought Chip inherited a dumpster fire from Reid. Offensively, clearly the team had talent, but defensively... not so much. 

57 minutes ago, Phire said:

Didn't have a veteran presence here? Jason Peters, Barwin, Graham, Kelce, Mathis, Herremans, Celek, etc etc etc???

Chip turned the team into a disaster, he didn't inherit one.

Maybe in the locker room. But none of them seem like grab a Desean by the throat on the sideline/locker room types. 

13 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Maybe in the locker room. But none of them seem like grab a Desean by the throat on the sideline/locker room types. 

Cause we can't expect the HC to instill some discipline. Chip is all but universally regarded as an awful HC, GM, and person and we ain't about to re-litigate this lol 

52 minutes ago, Phire said:

Cause we can't expect the HC to instill some discipline. Chip is all but universally regarded as an awful HC, GM, and person and we ain't about to re-litigate this lol 

Can't believe this is being rehashed. There's a reason he's out of the NFL already. I think he's a great football mind when it comes to Xs and Os, but being a good HC is SO much more than that, and his inability to adapt pretty much nullified his great football mind while he was here, because what he was doing, with the personnel he had, clearly wasn't working.

7 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Can't believe this is being rehashed. There's a reason he's out of the NFL already. I think he's a great football mind when it comes to Xs and Os, but being a good HC is SO much more than that, and his inability to adapt pretty much nullified his great football mind while he was here, because what he was doing, with the personnel he had, clearly wasn't working.

Hated by players, bosses, co-workers, fans, and obliterated our roster right before our eyes, yeah he's worthy of defending :P

I  still think people during the draft process really overrated Barnett's bend when they used words to describe it like elite, amazing, absurd, and so on.

There are two parts to bend and that is the ankle flexion and hip flexion.

He has one part of it at an elite level and that is ankle flexion which always popped off the screen in college as you see on that play, but I didn't see the impressive ability to bend at the hip that I saw from other guys with actually amazing bend like say a Von Miller.

Most of the time when Barnett got the sack it wasn't cause he was using great bend throughout his whole body with contact being applied by a tackle.

Not putting him down at all. I'm just calling it how I see it. I'm really intrigued to see how he develops here and think he can be a good starter. 

5 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I  still think people during the draft process really overrated Barnett's bend when they used words to describe it like elite, amazing, absurd, and so on.

There are two parts to bend and that is the ankle flexion and hip flexion.

He has one part of it at an elite level and that is ankle flexion which always popped off the screen in college as you see on that play, but I didn't see the impressive ability to bend at the hip that I saw from other guys with actually amazing bend like say a Von Miller.

Most of the time when Barnett got the sack it wasn't cause he was using great bend throughout his whole body with contact being applied by a tackle.

Not putting him down at all. I'm just calling it how I see it. I'm really intrigued to see how he develops here and think he can be a good starter. 

We get it you didn't like the pick. 

11 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

We had like only 5 plays in our play book towards the end. Teams would call out what would happen before it did. 

I think the key to this game is the play of our front seven. If they play lights out we have a chance to win, but if their play is not up to par we are going to struggle. Cox and Jernigan should be able to handle their interior O-line and give playmaking opportunities to the other guys around them.

I'm a little pessimistic about our chances but if the players can eliminate easy mistakes and dumb penalties we have a chance. And Doug better have a great gameplan and don't try to be too cute with the fancy stuff.

Archived