Week 2 GDT - Philadelphia Eagles @ Kansas City Chiefs - Sept. 17, 1:00 PM

Phire

Nearly 20 months after Reid’s firing, the Eagles are still rebuilding, this time leaning on Doug Pederson and Carson Wentz to repair the foundation that Kelly jackhammered and demolished.

Meanwhile, Reid, who faces the Eagles for the second time as Chiefs coach on Sunday at Arrowhead Stadium, has resurrected Kansas City into an annual powerhouse. He has elevated another storied franchise the way Lurie had wrongly envisioned Kelly would do – through offensive innovation, exceptional talent evaluation, and efficient roster turnover.

Reid, entering his fifth season as the Chiefs’ coach, won 44 games over the first four seasons after the Chiefs had won nine total in the two years prior. He moved quickly to trade for Alex Smith when he arrived in Kansas City, knowing the former No. 1 pick’s mobility and accuracy were the perfect marriage for his timing-based West Coast offense.

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Chip Kelly was one of the worst coaches in NFL history.

I think he was awful as a coach as well, but if we hadn't let him completely ruin our offense we would likely have been sitting in a better spot the past two offseasons. If he is one of the worst coaches in NFL history, he is probably the worst GM in NFL history.

Also, can't forget that as bad as he was, he did take us to the playoffs his first year with Nick Foles at QB. He did something right there.

I think Chip got extremely lucky in 2013.

I don't think he did anything in particular that caused all 5 of our OL to stay healthy all year. You can cite "sports science" all you want, but that's unheard of for the entire line to stay healthy. The stars just aligned for us there.

I also don't think he did anything in particular that caused Nick Foles to play like Brady, Montana, Marino, Manning, Favre, and Rodgers fused into the ultimate god-being. Who knows what the heck was going on with Foles in 2013 but clearly that magic was gone by the time 2014 rolled around, Chip or no Chip.

I also don't think Chip did anything in particular that caused Riley Cooper to play like the child of Randy Moss and Fred-Ex.

Can you take away the fact that 2013 was a relatively successful season? No, because it happened. But how it happened gets funnier and funnier as time passes. I think there were a lot of things clearly outside Chip's control that went right that year. Sometimes the ball keeps bouncing your way.

I get Chief Fans being excited about Andy yet we've seen this story before. Will win you games, Division Crowns, get you to the Playoffs more times then not, maybe even multiple AFCCG but will never win you a SB.

He's the HC version of Dan Marino

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I get Chief Fans being excited about Andy yet we've seen this story before. Will win you games, Division Crowns, get you to the Playoffs more times then not, maybe even multiple AFCCG but will never win you a SB.

He's the HC version of Dan Marino

Not Andy's fault he has never had a good QB.

7 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Not Andy's fault he has never had a good QB.

The Bucs did show us that it was possible to win the Super Bowl without a good QB when they won with Brad Johnson. And McNabb was a better QB than Johnson.

So Andy has to take some blame for not winning a Super Bowl.

Archived