Week 2 GDT - Philadelphia Eagles @ Kansas City Chiefs - Sept. 17, 1:00 PM

Phire

5 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Game is KC -4.5 to open. That's kind of a short line with KC at home coming off that NE beat down. Vegas thinks we have a shot. 

carson learns how to hit a torrey smith in stride deep down field we will have a shot, if not those are probably interceptions against the chiefs. 

3 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

carson learns how to hit a torrey smith in stride deep down field we will have a shot, if not those are probably interceptions against the chiefs. 

I'm terrified of their LBs and particular Houston. But I think that secondary is exploitable now with Berry out. 

Just now, ninjapirate said:

I think Marcus Peters gets on against carson on sunday. 

Meh, Norman took Alshon out of the game for most of it yesterday and we still moved the ball ok. I don't see this as a shootout. We can keep it close. Alex Smith stinks. 

Just now, ninjapirate said:

right not saying he isn't a loss to the team because everyone else is booty. But he isn't like some great player either. 

I agree. He's a good #2 I think. He was shutdown his first year. Bad his second year. The truth is somehere in between. He's more in the scheme that fits him now so I'll wait and see. But he's not going to be an "island".

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

Meh, Norman took Alshon out of the game for most of it yesterday and we still moved the ball ok. I don't see this as a shootout. We can keep it close. Alex Smith stinks. 

I didn't pay attention to him on every snap but it seemed like every time carson panicked he looked for ertz. Needs to get more on the same page with Alshon. He should be the outlet when in trouble. 

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I agree. He's a good #2 I think. He was shutdown his first year. Bad his second year. The truth is somehere in between. He's more in the scheme that fits him now so I'll wait and see. But he's not going to be an "island".

well hopefully sidney comes back around the same time as darby later in the year and mills can go away. 

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

I didn't pay attention to him on every snap but it seemed like every time carson panicked he looked for ertz. Needs to get more on the same page with Alshon. He should be the outlet when in trouble. 

Agreed. One of Alshon's best traits is that he'll make a play for you. He doesn't necessarily need to be open. But in Carson's defense, Alshon was a diva this preseason and skipped practices so they didn't get much time to develop a chemistry. I think it'll get better. But Carson is clearly going on what he's comfortable with. 

Just now, Jroc04 said:

Agreed. One of Alshon's best traits is that he'll make a play for you. He doesn't necessarily need to be open. But in Carson's defense, Alshon was a diva this preseason and skipped practices so they didn't get much time to develop a chemistry. I think it'll get better. But Carson is clearly going on what he's comfortable with. 

I thought doug kept him out of practice on purpose because he was super paranoid about injuries?

Archived