Week 2 GDT - Philadelphia Eagles @ Kansas City Chiefs - Sept. 17, 1:00 PM

Phire

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

well hopefully sidney comes back around the same time as darby later in the year and mills can go away. 

That's the goal. It's a lofty goal but I figure that's what they want. Jones stepping right in is probably impractical. I wouldn't mind Mills in the slot. He did have like 9 tackles yesterday. 

4 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:
5 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Agreed. One of Alshon's best traits is that he'll make a play for you. He doesn't necessarily need to be open. But in Carson's defense, Alshon was a diva this preseason and skipped practices so they didn't get much time to develop a chemistry. I think it'll get better. But Carson is clearly going on what he's comfortable with. 

I thought doug kept him out of practice on purpose because he was super paranoid about injuries?

Yeah, Alshon had no part in that decision.

Not sure what Jroc is talking about. Jeffery is no diva.

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I thought doug kept him out of practice on purpose because he was super paranoid about injuries?

It's possible I suppose. But I think if Alshon had any type of fortitude to practice, Doug would have given the ok. 

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

That's the goal. It's a lofty goal but I figure that's what they want. Jones stepping right in is probably impractical. I wouldn't mind Mills in the slot. He did have like 9 tackles yesterday. 

well when you give up 10 catches you better have 9 tackles.

6 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, Alshon had no part in that decision.

Not sure what Jroc is talking about. Jeffery is no diva.

This isn't breakin news. It's been bantered about. 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/philadelphia-eagles-alshon-jeffery-missing-practice-shoulder-injury-carson-wentz-chemistry-20170806.html%3famphtml=y

6 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

well when you give up 10 catches you better have 9 tackles.

I certainly remember the Bradley Fletcher days of 8 catches 2 tackles and 2 TDs. 

And besides, you don't blame the peg that won't fit the hole, you blame the person trying to hammer it in. Mills is an ok CB. Probably subpar. But he's adequate for now. And I think is more suited for a nickel role. And think would excel at it. 

It's not surprising in the least that Ertz was /is Wentz's go to safety valve. That use to be JM. It's a lot easier to use the middle of the field with a TE mismatched on a LB/CB then trying to force feed a WR playing against one of the better CB in the league.

Expect the same come Sunday and not think twice about doing it.

10 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

It's not surprising in the least that Ertz was /is Wentz's go to safety valve. That use to be JM. It's a lot easier to use the middle of the field with a TE mismatched on a LB/CB then trying to force feed a WR playing against one of the better CB in the league.

yeah but ertz is a catch and fall guy it would be better to get the ball to a guy who can do something with it actually. 

15 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:
26 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

yeah but ertz is a catch and fall guy it would be better to get the ball to a guy who can do something with it actually. 

Meh. YAC is great, I get it. But moving the chains is moving the chains. Ertz is a 1st down machine, extending drives ,leading to points. He catches everything!!! TE version of Avant!! ?

I'm not saying ignore AJ but this idea when he's matchup vs a tough CB force feed him anyways, I'll never agree with. Funny part is AJ was two phenomenal deep catches away from having 100+ and a TD. 

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Meh. YAC is great, I get it. But moving the chains is moving the chains. Ertz is a 1st down machine, extending drives ,leading to points. He catches everything!!! TE version of Avant!! ?

I'm not saying ignore AJ but this idea when he's matchup vs a tough CB force feed him anyways, I'll never agree with. Funny part is AJ was two phenomenal deep catches away from having 100+ and a TD. 

Well he probably has both those catches if Carson could throw a deep ball to save his life. Kid is awful at them. 

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Well he probably has both those catches if Carson could throw a deep ball to save his life. Kid is awful at them. 

Now you're just being silly. The End Zone throw to the back pilon was perfect. Maybe 2-3 yds from out of bounds. The other I vaguely remember other then it being a scrambling 3rd down punt/pass type throw?

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Now you're just being silly. The End Zone throw to the back pilon was perfect. Maybe 2-3 yds from out of bounds. The other I vaguely remember other then it being a scrambling 3rd down punt/pass type throw?

Missed Torrey Smith every time. Alshon had to knock the ball out of the corners hand on a deep ball. Only one he hit was when nelson had to stand still when no one was around him. Carson is a terrible deep ball thrower and thats just the truth right now. 

So you're actually surprised Wentz hasn't connected with virtually a entirely New WR corps? I'm not!!!  Only WR he had any familiarity with is Agholor hands if stone? 

Give it time for Christ sake. Jesus. If it doesn't change Throughout this Season (Actual Games Played Together) , then yes you might be right.

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

So you're actually surprised Wentz hasn't connected with virtually a entirely New WR corps? I'm not!!!  Only WR he had any familiarity with is Agholor hands if stone? 

Give it time for Christ sake. Jesus. If it doesn't change Throughout this Season (Actual Games Played Together) , then yes you might be right.

well he is 17 games into his career and has yet to show any promise doing it. I mean maybe it;s more likely he sucks at it. 

Archived