The Development of Sam Darnold

jetskid007

Watching Darnold highlights again. This dude has insane arm talent that is not talked about enough. His ball placement and accuracy under duress is insane. He consistently hits guys in positions for them to make a move and get yac.

Can't wait for him to get a ol, run game, and maybe a few young playmakers 

51 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Watching Darnold highlights again. This dude has insane arm talent that is not talked about enough. His ball placement and accuracy under duress is insane. He consistently hits guys in positions for them to make a move and get yac.

Can't wait for him to get a ol, run game, and maybe a few young playmakers 

Agreed. If he can stay consistent he’s going to give us a chance in every game especially if we make the necessary improvements.

Manish trolling Bills fans, they are convinced that because the Bills are 8-3 and we are 4-7 that Allen is a better QB. 

Granted Allen is doing better than I thought he would, but if you watch his games they are clearly dialing it down hoping he doesn't lose them games. Where as Darnold is being asked to WIN games. 

Darnold is at another level IMO. 

ESPN QBR gave Darnold a very poor 19.4 rating, which I can't understand. 

PFF gave Darnold the 7th highest grade of a QB this week and his overall grade rose by over 4 points (now 64.9). I don't understand that either. 

Truth is somewhere in between, but as always, the traditional stats don't tell the whole story. Lots of drops and constant pressure. 

Just now, jetskid007 said:

PFF gave Darnold the 7th highest grade of a QB this week and his overall grade rose by over 4 points (now 64.9). I don't understand that either. 

Truth is somewhere in between, but as always, the traditional stats don't tell the whole story. Lots of drops and constant pressure. 

He didn’t have a bad game. He just didn’t have a good one. Watching the game... ya drops hurt him, but his deep balls weren’t good. A lot of air underneath them rather than driving the ball.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

He didn’t have a bad game. He just didn’t have a good one. Watching the game... ya drops hurt him, but his deep balls weren’t good. A lot of air underneath them rather than driving the ball.

I'd contend that his deep ball has been poor this year due to the mono. Being hit with that midseason is a huge blow to conditioning. He basically couldn't work out for weeks. Theres gonna be some real muscle regression there. I'm hopeful that as the season wears on his zip should get better.

9 hours ago, drew39k said:

I'd contend that his deep ball has been poor this year due to the mono. Being hit with that midseason is a huge blow to conditioning. He basically couldn't work out for weeks. Theres gonna be some real muscle regression there. I'm hopeful that as the season wears on his zip should get better.

Sorry im not buying this. A month ago I could have "maybe" bought it. But not at week 13.

10 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

ESPN qbr might be the most useless stat ever .

But it's clear what this team needs. Daniel Jeremiah went off on Twitter how Darnold is legit but is in a impossible situation yet still playing well, he brought up that we have not had a runner go over 70 yards this year, plus a bad ol.

He stated which is what I've been saying. Give darnold a ol and run game next season, you'll see a good QB. 

He also said joe Douglas is going to revamp both, that this will be the worst run game and ol darnold will have to deal with for some time. 

Hes a big Douglas believer and thinks hes going to right this.

Its amazing that Darnold is being asked to carry a bad team at 22 yrs old, if he makes it through this hes gonna be good.

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

ESPN qbr might be the most useless stat ever .

But it's clear what this team needs. Daniel Jeremiah went off on Twitter how Darnold is legit but is in a impossible situation yet still playing well, he brought up that we have not had a runner go over 70 yards this year, plus a bad ol.

He stated which is what I've been saying. Give darnold a ol and run game next season, you'll see a good QB. 

He also said joe Douglas is going to revamp both, that this will be the worst run game and ol darnold will have to deal with for some time. 

Hes a big Douglas believer and thinks hes going to right this.

Its amazing that Darnold is being asked to carry a bad team at 22 yrs old, if he makes it through this hes gonna be good.

I have no question that we go hard after OL and that that's our primary focus. Whether we land these OLineman is the question. Douglas after all is new to the negotiating process as never being the lead GM. He of course has plenty of experience in the process, but has never been the deciding factor to close deals. I do think we will be decently more desirable than previous seasons. I think Darnold is respected as a future franchise QB and OLineman will want to block for a RB like Bell.

It’s going to be REALLY interesting what we do if we lose out. Wanna fix the run game? Either Gase or Bell need to go. Just fixing the OL won’t magically make the run game overwhelmingly better. Gase and Bell couldn’t be a worse fit for each other and frankly I’d rather keep the guy who actually has a history of success. I liked the Douglas hire but my biggest issue already is his blind faith in Adam Gase. If we lose out he should not be brought back. You can’t lose to Bengals and Dolphins twice and expect this guy to ever win here. 

Edited by ekill08x

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

It’s going to be REALLY interesting what we do if we lose out. Wanna fix the run game? Either Gase or Bell need to go. Just fixing the OL won’t magically make the run game overwhelmingly better. Gase and Bell couldn’t be a worse fit for each other and frankly I’d rather keep the guy who actually has a history of success. I liked the Douglas hire but my biggest issue already is his blind faith in Adam Gase. If we lose out he should not be brought back. You can’t lose to Bengals and Dolphins twice and expect this guy to ever win here. 

It's the Johnson's job to fire gase, not Douglas with how the power structure is.

Gase, & Douglas, were dealt a lousy hand, 90% of the Jet roster are all Macc, players. We all know from early in the season we had a real bad roster. One thing is for sure Douglas, will seabag at least 25% to 30% of the current roster. The sad thing is next year will be a rebuilding year, and we just went thru 5 years of rebuilding with Macc,, We can't rebuild a O line in one year.