Will Danny Dimes break the rookie passing TD record?

Gmen

Will Danny Dimes break the rookie passing TD record?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Will Danny Dimes break the rookie passing TD record?

• Yes
    • No
    • He’ll tie it

When Baker Mayfield broke the record last year with 27 passing touchdowns, I said that’s not an overly impressive feat in today’s passing league. Here we are a year later, and another rookie quarterback is on pace to tie or beat the record. And next year, there will most likely be another rookie poised to break the record. In 8 games Daniel Jones has 15 passing TDs, which puts him on pace for 26.25 TDs. He needs to average 2 TDs per game. The remaining defenses he’ll face : Bears, Packers, Dolphins, Redskins, Eagles x2. 

Will he do it? 

Edited by Gmen

1 hour ago, Classic said:

Not if Saqoun gets as bottled up as he did against the jets. I'll say he'll fall short somewhere near 23 or 24 TDs 

On one hand, the lack of running game makes passing more difficult. On the other hand, it means Jones will be passing more. 

But yea, the Giants running backs rushed for 3 yards on 14 carries. I don’t know if I should laugh or cry. 

I can't believe a thread was made about this lol.  Lock could break the rookie TD record in the last 5 games of the year and I still wouldn't go Coo ku for cocoa puffs.

All it does is check the qb position off, but I as a fan care about one thing and that's winning . Giants lost last week so I guess if a nice shiny TD record makes ya feel all warm and toasty inside I hope he gets it lol.

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Forget Rookie record, the most in any season by any player is 23, and Jones is on pace for 26.  

I think he is going to break it. It seems like every time hes sacked he loses the ball. Jamal Adams straight up took the ball right out of his hands and ran it back like nothing I've ever seen before. 

He's actually tied for 10th in the league for TD passes, despite not starting the first two games. Pretty impressive for a rookie who's biggest knock was his "average arm". The kid can sling the ball.

This year it's the rookie TD record. Next year? Maybe the all time passing TD record? Who knows?

Edited by Gmen
  • Like 1