Will Danny Dimes break the rookie passing TD record?

Gmen

Will Danny Dimes break the rookie passing TD record?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Will Danny Dimes break the rookie passing TD record?

• Yes
    • No
    • He’ll tie it

8 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Agreed, one of the most ridiculously overblown things I’ve seen related to football this year. 

People have a narrative to push. That narrative being that Baker is an arrogant ***. Whether you like Baker or not, what he said was absolutely taken out of context. He wasn't ripping on Daniel Jones at all.

Just now, DawgX said:

People have a narrative to push. That narrative being that Baker is an arrogant ***. Whether you like Baker or not, what he said was absolutely taken out of context. He wasn't ripping on Daniel Jones at all.

Well... I do think Baker is arrogant and don’t like him much (although I have an open mind and can always change) but I’m also a sensical person and see it’s just the media trash pushing a non-story. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, DawgX said:

You would’ve thought Baker called his mother whore tbh.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Gmen said:

He's actually tied for 10th in the league for TD passes, despite not starting the first two games. Pretty impressive for a rookie who's biggest knock was his "average arm". The kid can sling the ball.

This year it's the rookie TD record. Next year? Maybe the all time passing TD record? Who knows?

Lol, 50% of this board tries to play the NBT character.

17 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Saquon needs to learn how to pass block. And fast. That would certainly help.

His pass blocking wasn't good when healthy, and he was obviously hurting this week. He had no burst on the 2 runs where he actually had space. His pass blocking was abysmal this week, and I think that ankle, and whatever else is hurt that he isn't telling us, contributed to that.

Shurmur was fielding an injured RB who can't pass block, an UDFA RT making his first start, and after Solder went out, a Jets reject taking his FIRST EVER SNAPS AT LT playing left tackle. He has never even taken a practice snap at LT! His in game adjustments? Zero. He didn't keep TEs in to help block, and he didn't swap in Gallman who is healthy and a much better pass blocker. The inevitable happened- Eric Smith got abused at LT, Barkley got abused picking up blitzes, and Daniel Jones got eaten alive by the lowly Jets defense.

Also, these threads are getting ridiculous Gmen.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

His pass blocking wasn't good when healthy, and he was obviously hurting this week. He had no burst on the 2 runs where he actually had space. His pass blocking was abysmal this week, and I think that ankle, and whatever else is hurt that he isn't telling us, contributed to that.

Shurmur was fielding an injured RB who can't pass block, an UDFA RT making his first start, and after Solder went out, a Jets reject taking his FIRST EVER SNAPS AT LT playing left tackle. He has never even taken a practice snap at LT! His in game adjustments? Zero. He didn't keep TEs in to help block, and he didn't swap in Gallman who is healthy and a much better pass blocker. The inevitable happened- Eric Smith got abused at LT, Barkley got abused picking up blitzes, and Daniel Jones got eaten alive by the lowly Jets defense.

Also, these threads are getting ridiculous Gmen.

Ok, Daniel Jones still sucks though.  

• Like 2

In addition to slinging the ball all over the field, he has some wheels. He’s 7th among quarterbacks in rushing yards, and 2nd in YPC only behind Lamar Jackson (min 20 carries). He has 15 first down runs. The one above was his most impressive. Really shows the type of toughness we have with this kid. 

Being one of the few believers in Daniel Jones around here, I’m going to say he does break the record. 

3600 passing yards, 28 TDs, 14 INTs

350 rushing yards, 3 TDs

These numbers are only slightly above his current pace. And with the Redskins and Dolphins on the schedule, it’s very doable. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

For context, Daniel Jones has less fumbles in his first 8 starts than Lamar Jackson did, including playoffs. Jones has 12 in 8 starts, Jackson had 13. Fumbles are bad, obviously, but can be fixed. 

Weird comparison, seeing as Jackson had about quadruple the number of rushing attempts. 

Edited by HTTRDynasty
  • Like 3