GDT - Still 1st place in the NFC East Dallas Cowboys @ The Detroit Broke Back Matt Staffords

DaBoys

3 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Disagree. The rule states that both Cobb and the defender get flags. Both made the same move

Think you're reaching a bit there bro. It looked like Cobb is just sliding/falling/laying down across the GL. The defender came in and has all the opportunity to not lower his head. Not saying I agree with the rule but it was a penalty by rule.

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

But that's the rule. If you lower your head. That's why it shouldn't be a penalty but it is and it's always defense. 

But was he truly trying to be a runner. I mean yea, he caught the ball and is considered a runner. But all he was doing was falling across the GL.

4 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

Think you're reaching a bit there bro. It looked like Cobb is just sliding/falling/laying down across the GL. The defender came in and has all the opportunity to not lower his head. Not saying I agree with the rule but it was a penalty by rule.

Cobb made the catch and 100% lowered his head and shoulders. Defender did as well. Defender has the opportunity to try and stop a TD or take a helmet to the groin.