Week 11: Broncos (3-6) at VIKINGS (7-3)

swede700

1 minute ago, Virginia Viking said:

Whew.  Glad to get a win...but the defense needs to tighten up.

That's quite an understatement.  And the OL needs to improve greatly, and the front four on defence needs to improve greatly, as does the run defence.  And Cousins needs to play like he did in The 2nd half, rather than how he did in The 1st half.

The Vikings need to shore up the team with several young, talented players.  They need to acquire several ec=xtra draft choices, do better in making the choices in those spots, and do a better job of signing high-quality undrafted free agents, and sign 1 or 2 high-quality offensive linemen free agents at bargain basement prices.  It wont be easy.

• Like 1

Just now, Robb_K said:

That's quite an understatement.  And the OL needs to improve greatly, and the front four on defence needs to improve greatly, as does the run defence.  And Cousins needs to play like he did in The 2nd half, rather than how he did in The 1st half.

The Vikings need to shore up the team with several young, talented players.  They need to acquire several ec=xtra draft choices, do better in making the choices in those spots, and do a better job of signing high-quality undrafted free agents, and sign 1 or 2 high-quality offensive linemen free agents at bargain basement prices.  It wont be easy.

At least 5 draft picks contributed today. They can't be doing that bad at drafting

• Like 1

Man, there was a lot of good and a lot of bad in this game and I would be lying if I said the Vikings didn't get a little bit lucky (especially with the missed FG), but I have two strong assertions from today:

Don't you ever question Kirk's contract. He was worth it. That was vintage and stellar QB play, with little to no help from the O-Line. He played out of his mind and neither Keenum nor Bridgewater would've saved the Vikings down 20 at the half. I question Zimmer's ability to keep this team composed after big wins and on a week to week, but not Kirk. when he drops back I have no fear that he's going to make a smart play nine times out of ten, given time.

This Vikings team is for real and going to win at least a playoff game. They didn't fold like they did in a similar situation to the Bills game last year. This team is night and day and does not give up. They probably deserved to lose today, but they didn't. They overcame and they'll be better because of it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Robb_K said:

Bradbury is just a rookie and the Vikings missed Josh Kline BADLY today. Elflein probably needs to be replaced, but that's only one position on the O-Line that needs improving, and the Vikings can easily afford to use their 1st round pick for a guard in 2020.