Former Lions WR Charles Rogers dead at 38

ET80

https://sports.yahoo.com/former-lions-wr-charles-rogers-second-pick-of-2003-draft-died-at-age-38-140310357.html

Charles Rogers, a brilliant college receiver at Michigan State who didn’t pan out as the second overall pick of the 2003 NFL draft to the Detroit Lions, died at age 38.

Rogers’ NFL career never took off. He played just 15 games with the Lions over three seasons, with 440 yards. He broke his collarbone twice, and told the Lansing State Journal in 2017 he became addicted to Vicodin when he was with the Lions.

RIP

I remember him as the guy selected ahead of Andre Johnson in the 2003 draft. He caught two TD passes in his first game as a Lion, I thought he was going to be incredible at the pro level.

Very sad to see someone die so young...

• Like 3

Charles Rodgers I'll always remember as the guy that I can't believe didn't pan out. I thought that he and Andre were two of the best college WR's I'd ever seen. No one at the time questioned that pick, as awesome as AJ was/is. What a shame as a football player and awful news this morning.

• Like 1