Mock Draft 4.0 / 2 Rounds

zappa13004

I'd be thrilled with Burrow.  He's more elusive than Tua and doesn't have the nagging injury history that Tua does either.  Both QB's are A+ in terms of accuracy in the pocket and being able to keep their eyes downfield when things break down.

I'll also chime in that RT is a bigger need, although if a better fit at LT is available I think Jonah Williams could move to RT.  Regardless, OL to protect Burrow is the way to go.  LB is also a huge need, but protecting the new franchise QB is paramount.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

Telvin Smith will be back right ? Williams just drafted too.

I have 0 belief telvin will be back and while williams was just drafted he seems injury-prone(hes missed a good bit of preason and a lil regular season) but simmons seems like a guy who u can play at s or lb and i think simmons would help solve our problem of covering tes 

I like the general thought process for the Packers, but the picks don't match up well with our current roster.  Protecting Rodgers is obviously a priority, but a pick at OT would make more sense than G/C.  On defense, ILB is a definite need.  But your description of Weaver sounds an awful lot like Blake Martinez.  I think finding Martinez a more athletic complement would be a better fit.  

1 hour ago, tttmikeb said:

I like the general thought process for the Packers, but the picks don't match up well with our current roster.  Protecting Rodgers is obviously a priority, but a pick at OT would make more sense than G/C.  On defense, ILB is a definite need.  But your description of Weaver sounds an awful lot like Blake Martinez.  I think finding Martinez a more athletic complement would be a better fit.  

You right. first i thought my picks would match with what they'll do, then i talked to a Packers' fan and : 1- OT more than Humphrey bc of Bulaga probable last season and 2- Pettine likes athletic LB and that is not Weaver.

• Like 1

I think we're more likely to trade down than trade up. And I think BA keeps Jameis, for better or worse.

The trenches on both sides of the ball need all sorts of help though.

RT Demar Dotson is toast. Suh is a free agent. JPP and Nassib are FAs. Gholston could be a cap casualty. Would potentially leave Vea and Barrett as our only returning defensive linemen.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2019 at 12:10 PM, Tetsujin said:

What a nightmare scenario for Miami fans.

Sucks for us Dolfans to miss out on the top 3 picks in this draft, but Herbert is a nice consolation prize.  All around a really nice draft for us in rounds 1-2.  I'm not sure about the Epenesa pick, but a lot of mocks have him going much higher, personally I see a guy with no explosion but great size.....I wouldn't touch him until round 2 but I do realize I'm the minority on this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swampbilly said:

Sucks for us Dolfans to miss out on the top 3 picks in this draft, but Herbert is a nice consolation prize.

We could always roll the dice next year and hope for a elite QB prospect. If not, we can settle for that consolation prize.