Mock Draft 4.0 / 2 Rounds

zappa13004

The Lions don't need a CB as much as they need help in the pass-rush. Not to hate on Okudah but either Derrick Brown or AJ Epenesa are better fits. The secondary hasn't been terrible we just allow teams like 4-5 seconds a snap, allowing all of the time in the world to opposing QB's. 

We also need to improve our OL. Rick Wagner has been terrible. I'd be looking at a guy like Jackson in round 2 to help solidify that side. Decker seems to be coming into his own. This should help give Stafford or whomever is behind centre in 2020 and beyond adequate protection. 

• Like 1

Just to make it clear, but Michael Pierce has rarely been injured with the Ravens. That is not an issue with him.

Curtis Weaver is a pick I really like. Nick Coe is a different type than Pierce, but I really like him as a prospect and I always like building the lines, so two great picks for the Ravens.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2019 at 9:46 AM, Karnage84 said:

The Lions don't need a CB as much as they need help in the pass-rush. Not to hate on Okudah but either Derrick Brown or AJ Epenesa are better fits. The secondary hasn't been terrible we just allow teams like 4-5 seconds a snap, allowing all of the time in the world to opposing QB's. 

We also need to improve our OL. Rick Wagner has been terrible. I'd be looking at a guy like Jackson in round 2 to help solidify that side. Decker seems to be coming into his own. This should help give Stafford or whomever is behind centre in 2020 and beyond adequate protection. 

Let's be clear, though. CB is still a definite a possibility because Rashaan Melvin isn't the future at boundary CB and counting on anyone else on the roster to be that is more wishful thinking than logical. Coleman is better in the slot than the boundary. Slay is our#1 CB, but he's 29 years old. So, we are going to have to think about the future of our secondary at some point.

On the other hand, I'm 85-90% sure Wagner at RT is gone after this year. Decker could slide over to RT if there's a franchise LT available. And OG is a higher priority than RB for sure.

Nonetheless, the d-line has been decimated by injuries, starting during preseason and hasn't abated. None of the plans and back up plans have been available healthy. It's the reason they're getting no pressure on QBs and has to be a high priority. I'm not sure can count on an aging Snacks Harrison at NT to stuff the run, especially considering his performance this year. And with DaShawn Hand & Mike Daniels missing a huge chunk of time to injury they've been missing an attacking gapper in the middle too. A 3T and NT are not off limits. I would love to see the guys we have get healthy to show this isn't a high need. But we will see.

I'm still not sure an Edge rusher is a high priority in Patricia's scheme. But if there's a blue chip defensive player or a franchise LT there when they pick, Quinn couldn't/shouldn't pass him up. 

Edited by Myth
Autocorrect changed my word
  • Like 1

On 20/11/2019 at 4:43 PM, Mastercheddaar said:

For the Browns - YES!!!! For the love of God Oline!

For the Eagles - Unless you have the birds signing the best FA WRs out there, I'd try and grab wide outs. The ones we got are have stone hands and are a big reason our offense is stalling. 

MC

The 2020 class is very (very very) deep in talent at the WR position. Thats why i think the Eagles (and some others) will take another route in Rd 1.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2019 at 8:47 AM, Myth said:

Let's be clear, though. CB is still a definite a possibility because Rashaan Melvin isn't the future at boundary CB and counting on anyone else on the roster to be that is more wishful thinking than logical. Coleman is better in the slot than the boundary. Slay is our#1 CB, but he's 29 years old. So, we are going to have to think about the future of our secondary at some point.

On the other hand, I'm 85-90% sure Wagner at RT is gone after this year. Decker could slide over to RT if there's a franchise LT available. And OG is a higher priority than RB for sure.

Nonetheless, the d-line has been decimated by injuries, starting during preseason and hasn't abated. None of the plans and back up plans have been available healthy. It's the reason they're getting no pressure on QBs and has to be a high priority. I'm not sure can count on an aging Snacks Harrison at NT to stuff the run, especially considering his performance this year. And with DaShawn Hand & Mike Daniels missing a huge chunk of time to injury they've been missing an attacking gapper in the middle too. A 3T and NT are not off limits. I would love to see the guys we have get healthy to show this isn't a high need. But we will see.

I'm still not sure an Edge rusher is a high priority in Patricia's scheme. But if there's a blue chip defensive player or a franchise LT there when they pick, Quinn couldn't/shouldn't pass him up. 

CB is a possibility but it's unlikely. The Patriots and Patriots West don't draft and start 1st round CB's. Oruwariye had a nice start but there's a lot of time left to figure out where he, and other guys, fit into the team's future. 

I fully agree on Wagner. He has to go. I do think the team values Decker more than some of us do but we absolutely do need an upgrade at RT. Crosby did perform well in that spot so it's possible they look to give him an opportunity to win that spot while bringing in mid-round rookies and FA's. 

Epenesa isn't a pure edge rusher. He's a guy that you can slide into a number of different positions. He's about 280 lbs we aren't talking about a 245 lb OLB. Agreed on Snacks and I think that also goes towards A'Shawn. Mike Daniels has really been a non-factor and Da'Shawn seems like the straw that stirs the drink. 

We absolutely need to address the OL, however it hasn't been the offense that has been the issue. The defense and in particular, the defensive line, has been the weak link and led to more L's than anything related to the offense. 

Herbert is Decent, but with Miami's OL it does not matter who you put in as QB they will not succeed.  I think we are better off skipping the QB this year and building our OL and going after Lawrence Next year.  With that in mind it would change the Miami Draft.

Round 1

4. Miami Dolphins  - Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia

16. Miami Dolphins (via PIT) - Jedrick Wills, OT, Alabama

23. Miami Dolphins (via HOU)  - Tyler Biadascz, C, Wisconsin

Round 2

36. Miami Dolphins  -  Either Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU  OR   Rashard Lawrence, DL, LSU

59. Miami Dolphins via Saints  -  JK Dobbins, RB, Ohio State

This would give us 3 young OL that we could groom as a unit rather than patch working the OL year after year.

9 minutes ago, praegler said:

Herbert is Decent, but with Miami's OL it does not matter who you put in as QB they will not succeed.  I think we are better off skipping the QB this year and building our OL and going after Lawrence Next year.  With that in mind it would change the Miami Draft.

Round 1

4. Miami Dolphins  - Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia

A Top 5 pick is too high for an OL. More of a playmaker should be drafted there, IMO.