King Henry Appreciation Thread.

dtait93

A Certified Stud. A Steed. A Stallion.

Thank you for destroying Jalen Ramsey, repeatedly.

Thank you for the ride you took us on at the end of the 2017 season against Jacksonville and Kansas City.

Thank you for being real, admitting when you were playing like trash, and turning it around.

Thank you for literally carrying us on your back to end the 2018 season.

Thank you for being the best and lone consistent part of our offense this year.

Our offense has been less trash since Tannehill took over, but we would literally be in no man's land without Henry. We may not like that we are stuck playing Fisher-ball in 2019, but without Henry we literally wouldn't even have an offensive identity.

Currently, he is 4th in rushing yards, 4th in rushing TD's, and 5th in first downs amongst RB's. He deserves his first Pro Bowl nod this year.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

We would be foolish not to.

It's quite the opposite. It's foolish to pay big money to a running back.

It's going to suck having to say bye to him because of what he's done here lately, but investing a ton of money in to a RB is not generally a winning formula.

If he wants to come back at like 7 a year or something, I think you can be flexible and go to that. Cut Dion, give Henry his 5 a year and add another 2 to it.

But to pay him the Elliot, Bell, Gurley or Johnson money? You just can't do it.

The 9 highest paid RBs in football's(would do 10 but two of the top 10 are both Texans so) teams combine for a record of 37-44-1. 8 of those wins come from the 49ers as Jerrick McKinnon is one of the top 9 highest paid, and McKinnon hasn't played a single snap for the 49ers in 2 years, so it's really 29-44-1.

Saquan Barkley and LeVeon Bell played each other on Sunday. They combined for 35 yards. 34 of those were LeVeon's, Barkely gained 1 yard on 13 attempts. LeVeon gained 34 on 18.

Arguably the two best backs in all of football, and they were outshined by Daniel Jones and Sam Darnold instead.

15 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

It's quite the opposite. It's foolish to pay big money to a running back.

It's going to suck having to say bye to him because of what he's done here lately, but investing a ton of money in to a RB is not generally a winning formula.

If he wants to come back at like 7 a year or something, I think you can be flexible and go to that. Cut Dion, give Henry his 5 a year and add another 2 to it.

But to pay him the Elliot, Bell, Gurley or Johnson money? You just can't do it.

The 9 highest paid RBs in football's(would do 10 but two of the top 10 are both Texans so) teams combine for a record of 37-44-1. 8 of those wins come from the 49ers as Jerrick McKinnon is one of the top 9 highest paid, and McKinnon hasn't played a single snap for the 49ers in 2 years, so it's really 29-44-1.

Saquan Barkley and LeVeon Bell played each other on Sunday. They combined for 35 yards. 34 of those were LeVeon's, Barkely gained 1 yard on 13 attempts. LeVeon gained 34 on 18.

Arguably the two best backs in all of football, and they were outshined by Daniel Jones and Sam Darnold instead.

Team wins isn't a running back statistic. Just like team wins isn't a quarterback statistic. We saw that first hand with Mariota.

I would be perfectly fine giving him 8-10 million per year. He's one of the top redzone threats in the league, is a great runner, his pass blocking has improved by a lot, and his hands could use some work but they've gotten better as the year's gone on. He's not only our lone consistent offensive weapon, but he's a home run threat every time he touches the ball. You don't let special players like that walk unless they price themselves out at a ludicrous number. Plus, now that we aren't paying Mariota the big bucks we have extra money to play with and I'm using that money to keep the run game intact...and by run game I mean Henry. Him being top 5 in touchdowns, yards, and first downs has in large part been because of him just being that good. The o-line has been inconsistent with penalties, it's play, and shuffling, and the play calling has done him little favors up until yesterday. Give me that guy for our bridge or rookie QB to lean on when **** hits the fan. That's worth an extra 1-3 million you're not willing to give him.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Zeke was 6/90, but that's some different ish

I don't think it is.  I'd love to see Henry run through the holes that Zeke gets.  Zeke has better vision, but Henry has more speed and power.  Who's to say what Zeke would look like on the Titans or Henry on the Cowboys?

I think he will want something in the Zeke/LeVeon/Gurley range: $15M per.  And I don't blame him.  He's not some huge step down from those guys in talent.  Will any other team be willing to give him that?  Hard to say.  I just don't think it will (or should) be us.

Just now, titanrick said:

I don't think it is.  I'd love to see Henry run through the holes that Zeke gets.  Zeke has better vision, but Henry has more speed and power.  Who's to say what Zeke would look like on the Titans or Henry on the Cowboys?

I think he will want something in the Zeke/LeVeon/Gurley range: $15M per.  And I don't blame him.  He's not some huge step down from those guys in talent.  Will any other team be willing to give him that?  Hard to say.  I just don't think it will (or should) be us.

I should've clarified what I meant by "different ish"

nothing to do with the player...but the situation/ego/organization

• Like 1

You kind of get the feeling that he has bought into the culture and loves to be a Titan. So who knows, maybe he can be had for less than we imagine. IMO, anything close to 10M per year is way too much. Something more like 6-7, that's something I could live with.