King Henry Appreciation Thread.

dtait93

Just now, TitanSS said:

A lot if people were for letting Henry walk in week 6. Recency bias is a great thing.

Yeah it's a good thing his run of dominance didn't require historical levels of QB play and a dominant offensive line, otherwise we might look real foolish giving him a ton of money.

Just now, TitanSS said:

So you're saying no one else could ever do that with great run-blocking? 

We’re saying a RB with elite ability like Henry are hard to find. Not every RB can take the punishment can’t every RB punk a defense out because they don’t wanna to tackle a guy 6’4 250 running down hill. It’s not easy to find a RB that can dominate and be the focal point of a offense & defense knows he’s getting the ball & they can’t do nothing but say their prayers & eat their vitamins brother 

Just now, TitanSS said:

Henry is a great RB. No one is denying that. Look at the contracts TL posted in the last page.

Really all that needs to be said. 

Again you’re talking bout contracts look at the value to the team, Gurley got his team to a Super Bowl & since he’s been hurt Goff has struggled, now granted Gurley has arthritis but he had a knee injury in college. Zeke was a top 5 pick played behind an elite OL & carried a 4th rd pick at QB & that entire offense. 

Just now, TitanRedd said:

We’re saying a RB with elite ability like Henry are hard to find. Not every RB can take the punishment can’t every RB punk a defense out because they don’t wanna to tackle a guy 6’4 250 running down hill. It’s not easy to find a RB that can dominate and be the focal point of a offense & defense knows he’s getting the ball & they can’t do nothing but say their prayers & eat their vitamins brother 

I don't think anyone is denying Henry is a beast. But if you can get near his success out of Tony Pollard, a 4th round pick, and then spend his money on an elite edge rusher, is it not possible that is a better investment than paying Henry 14 mil a year? 

Especially when everyone was okay with him walking for anything over 7mil in week 6? He's been here 4 years and we're okay making him the highest paid in his position because of what he's only been able to sustain once Tannehill took over?

I love Henry, but I'm also aware of the trapdoor that is paying a ton of money to a RB. 

1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

Again you’re talking bout contracts look at the value to the team, Gurley got his team to a Super Bowl & since he’s been hurt Goff has struggled, now granted Gurley has arthritis but he had a knee injury in college. Zeke was a top 5 pick played behind an elite OL & carried a 4th rd pick at QB & that entire offense. 

The OL carried Zeke's offense. Pollard looks just as good in his place.

He makes one near elite edge rushers salary less than Zeke.

Edited by TitanSS

17 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

No idea, but I know they've replaced other high profile guys considered the best at their position and had a ton of success.

I also know that our OL was absolutely mauling last night. 

So that sounds like going off assumption. 
We are assuming that giving Pollard more carries would result in high production. He only had 455 yards rushing this year. 
One could argue that he got that by being fresh and giving Zeke a break. Would have hold up or would he be better with more carries?

One thing we know is more carries Henry get the better he is and is great shape. We've seen RBs get weaker as the game goes on. And we are assuming that any RB can run behind our line. 

I don't think so.

Just now, TitanRedd said:

Y’all looking at the size of a contract & not his value to the team, you can’t put a price on that. Again I get it I don’t believe in paying elite money on WR’s nor do I believe a QB is worth 35 mill plus. But look what he means to this team 

There is a salary cap. You can put a price on everything.

We have to pay a QB now and all that cap space we're used to having is going to dwindle. We're going to have to choose the players that are most impactful and contribute the most to W's for our money.

17 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

No, because finding premiere OTs and pass rushers isn't easy. We have as good of a backup OT as you can ask for in the league and you saw what happened when we asked him to step in for Lewan for 4 games. We had to give him help on damn near every pass block play, while we give some of the least help in the league to Lewan per analytics:

The gap between a high end backup OT in Kelly and a premier OT in Lewan is just that huge. Good RBs grow on trees, though.

Well, the leading player in sacks was worth a 1 year 4 M contract on the market. Granted he will be worth much more now, but I'm sure he's not the first pass rusher to outperform his contract and some of the top paid of his peers. I understand it's theoretically easier to replace the production of a top RB than it is for an OT or pass rusher, but again, similar final yards totals does not equal similar value. There aren't that many RBs that you can pick off the street that will atract as much attention as the top backs do. In turn, you probably won't be as effective off of play action because suddenly you're not drawing safeties into the box that easily anymore, and you don't get 8-defenders boxes as often. And so the statistically great season your QB just had probably doesn't happen, not to that degree anyway. I appreciate arguing the value of Lewan over a backup replacement, because that's really all that you should look at. Henry just demolished the #1 offense coached by the best defensive minded coach at least in recent years, on the road, who knew it was coming play after play and could not do anything about it. I know the OL was great too, but there is no way in hell you could find another RB that could put up that kind of performance. Hell, I doubt many of the top backs could do it. No, he won't be able to do that game after game, year after year, but it's not the first time he has done it either. I refuse to believe thay any other player we could get off the market at that price (say anything in the 12-15 per year range) would have the same impact on this offense, team and franchise that Henry has.

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

The OL carried Zeke's offense. Pollard looks just as good in his place.

He makes one near elite edge rushers salary less than Zeke.

Dude stop being a spectator in a moment & judge off of facts please. Tell me what has Pollard done that zeke has done. He’s a rookie that was good but please let’s see pollard lead the league in rushing what 3 times & it may of been 2 forgive me if I’m wrong, but let me see pollard face a loaded box every game lead the league in rushing & carry his team to the playoffs twice before you say he can do what zeke do

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

So that sounds like going off assumption. 
We are assuming that giving Pollard more carries would result in high production. He only had 455 yards rushing this year. 
One could argue that he got that by being fresh and giving Zeke a break. Would have hold up or would he be better with more carries?

One thing we know is more carries Henry get the better he is and is great shape. We've seen RBs get weaker as the game goes on. And we are assuming that any RB can run behind our line. 

I don't think so.

My fiance is a Cowboys fan. I'm not going off stats, I've watched most of their games. He looks just as good when he fills in. 

But you cherry-picked around the other RB I listed because it didn't support your rebuttal. Conner filled in for Bell for an entire season last year and duplicated his success.