King Henry Appreciation Thread.

dtait93

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

There is a salary cap. You can put a price on everything.

We have to pay a QB now and all that cap space we're used to having is going to dwindle. We're going to have to choose the players that are most impactful and contribute the most to W's for our money.

We have the money to pay our QB & our RB & again Henry is our offense I’m team Tannehill don’t get it twisted but the offense starts with Duce Duce we run 1st set up pass. In order to win you build a team around your core guys in the draft for ex Dallas Cowboys of the 90’s there 3 core players Emmitt, Aikman & Irvin. The rams Bruce, Warner, & Faulk. Colts Manning, James & Harrison, then Manning, Harrison & Wayne. Henry is 26 not even in his prime doesn’t get injured knock on wood 

3 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Dude stop being a spectator in a moment & judge off of facts please. Tell me what has Pollard done that zeke has done. He’s a rookie that was good but please let’s see pollard lead the league in rushing what 3 times & it may of been 2 forgive me if I’m wrong, but let me see pollard face a loaded box every game lead the league in rushing & carry his team to the playoffs twice before you say he can do what zeke do

That success is due to the OL. The RB just gets the stats for it.

2 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

My fiance is a Cowboys fan. I'm not going off stats, I've watched most of their games. He looks just as good when he fills in. 

But you cherry-picked around the other RB I listed because it didn't support your rebuttal. Conner filled in for Bell for an entire season last year and duplicated his success.

Conner didn’t fill in no where near Bell value, 🤦🏽‍♂️ Stop comparing apples to oranges brother. Check this out Conner play 1 season with an elite QB a all pro WR a stud #2 WR & didn’t see a loaded box. Nobody is loading the box to stop Conner they couldn’t load the box to stop Bell, but back to my point bell is also a threat catching the ball.. can’t compare Conner playing for the Steelers vs Henry who is our offense TN titans 

4 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

That success is due to the OL. The RB just gets the stats for it.

It’s not just the OL don’t get me wrong it plays a big part, but zeke has vision to hit those holes he punishes tacklers & he also break tackles. He’s a top 5 back talent wise yes he plays with an elite OL but he s very good. 

Just now, TitanRedd said:

Conner didn’t fill in no where near Bell value, 🤦🏽‍♂️ Stop comparing apples to oranges brother. Check this out Conner play 1 season with an elite QB a all pro WR a stud #2 WR & didn’t see a loaded box. Nobody is loading the box to stop Conner they couldn’t load the box to stop Bell, but back to my point bell is also a threat catching the ball.. can’t compare Conner playing for the Steelers vs Henry who is our offense TN titans 

And check out Bell this season. That elite play sire didn't follow him to NY.

Guess what? The running success is tied to the OL,  and threat of a credible passing attack, not the RB. Hence why Henry took off at the same time as Tannehill.

Im not saying Conner is as good of a player as Bell either, but you plug him into that same offense with Big Ben and that OL and he produced for an entire season at near the same level for 14 mil leas than Bell was asking for.

That is not debatable.

5 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

And check out Bell this season. That elite play sire didn't follow him to NY.

Guess what? The running success is tied to the OL,  and threat of a credible passing attack, not the RB. Hence why Henry took off at the same time as Tannehill.

But why did he demolish the #1 defense in the league when Tannehill was nowhere to be found in the gameplan? And sure, OL helped him out, but that effort still requires well above average RB talent. They both benefited from each other's play, no doubt about that, so why not allow them to continue to do so?

1 minute ago, Andrei01 said:

But why did he demolish the #1 defense in the league when Tannehill was nowhere to be found in the gameplan? And sure, OL helped him out, but that effort still requires well above average RB talent. They both benefited from each other's play, no doubt about that, so why not allow them to continue to do so?

No one is saying Henry isn't a very good RB. 

9 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Im not saying Conner is as good of a player as Bell either, but you plug him into that same offense with Big Ben and that OL and he produced for an entire season at near the same level for 14 mil leas than Bell was asking for.

That is not debatable.

Again you’re missing it bro 🤦🏽‍♂️ You’re comparing apples to oranges let me break it down. The Steelers elite Franchise QB high volume passing team, all pro WR & a stud #2 Bell not facing a stack 8-10 men box but he’s a exceptional talent okay. Conner won’t do as well as bell but I agree he’ll be efficient 14 mill less. But that’s because they have all pro WR still elite QB a stud #2 & he’s not facing 8-10 box

Now let’s look at Derrick Henry his value to the titans. 🗣He is our Offense it starts with him. We have no elite QB we’re not a innovative elite passing offense. You can’t just plug anyone & think they’ll have similar success because it worked for the Steelers or how you see Pollard comes in for the Cowboys. Each team is different style of play, offensive philosophy  is different 

Edited by TitanRedd

Just now, TitanSS said:

No one is saying Henry isn't a very good RB. 

I know, that's not what I was disputing. But you did say that RB success is tied to the threat of the passing game. Yet he ran all over the Patriots defense, even after it became clear we had no intention of trying to pass the ball other than maybe on clear passing downs. They knew it was coming, play after play, and there was nothing they could do about it.

20 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

I know, that's not what I was disputing. But you did say that RB success is tied to the threat of the passing game. Yet he ran all over the Patriots defense, even after it became clear we had no intention of trying to pass the ball other than maybe on clear passing downs. They knew it was coming, play after play, and there was nothing they could do about it.

I also mentioned the OL, which was a huge part of it, but threat is the key word there. In the first half the Patriots were playing the PA pass just as much as they were playing the run, if not more so. Just because we didn't have much success with the passing game, doesn't mean the threat of it wasn't still there. We murdered with it all year and they certainly had a gameplan to stop the PA pass and were continually expecting it throughout the first half.

In the 2nd half where they decided they weren't going to let Derrick Henry beat them and that passing threat wasn't as prevalent, he had 20 carries for 76 yards (3.8 YPC) and the Titans offense scored 0 points.

Same players on the field, but without a credible passing threat teams will just load the box on you.

Also, even if the defense hadn't changed their approach, does one half of football really prove anything? It would be an incredibly small sample size to make your point with, even smaller than Pollard that I used earlier.

Edited by TitanSS

8 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

That was 70% Henry and his refuse to be tackled and 30% the OL .   The OL gave him the chance but Henry took advantage of it like no other back in the league unless you go back to the beast mode in Seattle 

still Henry needed the OL to do what it did and NE not to commit 100% to stopping Henry which they did in second half and contained him well.    It was explained well on TV when NE committed to containing the edge Henry struggled 

4 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I also mentioned the OL, which was a huge part of it, but threat is the key word there. In the first half the Patriots were playing the PA pass just as much as they were playing the run, if not more so. Just because we didn't have much success with the passing game, doesn't mean the threat of it wasn't still there. We murdered with it all year and they certainly had a gameplan to stop the PA pass and were continually expecting it throughout the first half.

In the 2nd half where they decided they weren't going to let Derrick Henry beat them and that passing threat wasn't as prevalent, he had 20 carries for 76 yards (3.8 YPC) and the Titans offense scored 0 points.

Same players on the field, but without a credible passing threat teams will just load the box on you.

I know they were playing in anticipation of the PA pass in the beginning. But they adjusted. He still ran over them. I think it happened before the end of the 1st, but still, 3.8 on YPC for the 2nd half, including some big 1st down conversions, against the #1 defense, on that high of a volume, is nothing short of amazing.

No single player or position is being played in a vacuum. Everyone is dependant on some other ones. That's just the way football is being played. Sure he will benefit from a good passing game, just like any passing game will benefit from his play and the threat that he is, especially considering his home run ability. That doesn't take anything away from the impact he has on this offense, that like I've been trying to argue, goes even beyond the yards he puts up by himself.

40 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

My fiance is a Cowboys fan. I'm not going off stats, I've watched most of their games. He looks just as good when he fills in. 

But you cherry-picked around the other RB I listed because it didn't support your rebuttal. Conner filled in for Bell for an entire season last year and duplicated his success.

Gonna be honest, I'm not cherry picking.  I just didn't really read what you wrote. Scanned it and saw Pollard.    
That is just how much I'm really into this "debate" lol

3rd Round pick in Connor. Is that a premium pick to people?  Either way filled in for Bell, number of games per season has been going down since his rookie year. Played in only 10 games this year for barely 450 yards.  
Henry has shown to be durable. Took 300 carries this year in stride only having a soft tissue/muscle strain that cost him one game and probably could have went if needed too.  
Henry isn't some ol back that you can toss.

He is Eddie George like, with speed. He has become a voice and leader on the team. Tone setter. 
We have a weapon and people want to toss him aside because they don't want to pay him with someone else's money. lol  As long as he isn't demanding to be paid $200 million then roll with it. 
Salary Cap is going up, new CBA deal coming likely to add more money to the players pot over time. And again if the team makes it work all good. We aren't the Jags paying Bortles money just because. We have been smart with contracts and what makes anyone think we will be stupid now?

I think it's comical. 

But hey ya'll go head with your debate about not paying our league leading rusher. I'm out of it. I didn't know there was people who really felt this way.

• Like 1