King Henry Appreciation Thread.

dtait93

29 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Despite my stance on the subject I wouldn't wanna be the guy that has to go and tell Saffold that he's not coming back

Man, you know I'm there with you on paying a RB. I just don't like doing it and even just today I was looking at other FA RBs we could sign to go along with a day 2 rookie after we let Henry go.

I just don't think we can let him walk now. He's the only RB in the NFL that is the face of a single team. Literally the only one. How we gonna sign Tannehill to 25+ mil a year and then let a RB walk who has 3+ times his yardage in our playoff wins lol. Unfortunately, his price is going to be at an all time high. I think hitting Henry with the franchise tag and then trying to get him on a more team friendly deal next year could be a viable option.

Henry is being boosted by straight up stellar defensive performances. 3 turnovers and 4 4th down stops. 14 points off turnovers, 21 if you count the turnover on downs on the stop on their first 4th and short attempt. That was big and winning with the running game is only viable if your defense is playing lights out. You don't win running the ball if you can't play defense.

Edited by TitanSS

2 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Man, you know I'm there with you on paying a RB. I just don't like doing it and even just today I was looking at other FA RBs we could sign to go along with a day 2 rookie after we let Henry go.

I just don't think we can let him walk now. He's the only RB in the NFL that is the face of a single team. Literally the only one. How we gonna sign Tannehill to 25+ mil a year and then let a RB walk who has 3+ times his yardage in our playoff wins lol. Unfortunately, his price is going to be at an all time high. I think hitting Henry with the franchise tag and then trying to get him on a more team friendly deal next year could be a viable option.

Henry is being boosted by straight up stellar defensive performances. 3 turnovers and 4 4th down stops. 14 points off turnovers, 21 if you count the turnover on downs on the stop on 4th and short. That was big and winning with the running game is only viable if your defense is playing lights out. You don't win running the ball if you can't play defense.

To be fair to today, the passing game was working fine early on, and then we had no need to do anything but hand it to Henry to kill clock. We got the big lead with the passing game today and then let Henry feast on a shocked and deflated defense.

That being said, like everyone else I think we have to pay him. He's the biggest star on the team. Hopefully Robinson can get a contract with an out after 2 years with minimal dead money, and no dead money after 3.

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

I mean, there’s no way he takes less than what Zeke got.

That's why I think franchising him and paying him after next season could be a good move. If he's breaking these records again next season, good for us, pay him. If he's not, good for us, get him on a cheaper deal.

It's kind of a **** move, but it makes more sense than giving a RB 15 mil that hasn't been totally consistent and wasn't this player until about week 10 or w/e of last season. 

5 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

That's why I think franchising him and paying him after next season could be a good move. If he's breaking these records again next season, good for us, pay him. If he's not, good for us, get him on a cheaper deal.

It's kind of a **** move, but it makes more sense than giving a RB 15 mil that hasn't been totally consistent and wasn't this player until about week 10 or w/e of last season. 

that means we'll have to give tanny a contract, tho.....although honestly that could be more manageable than what we'd need to give henry at this point.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

that means we'll have to give tanny a contract, tho.....although honestly that could be more manageable than what we'd need to give henry at this point.

I think that with the transition tag we could avoid that as well, but I think Tannehill is going to get a more reasonable QB contract than Henry would for a RB contract. Paying RBs just isn't a good move historically, but he's putting us in the position to have no choice.

Even though Franchising him might make the most sense financially I just don't see Jon doing that based off of what Derrick has meant for this team and what he has accomplished. Derrick is going to be coming off one of the best individual seasons In Titans history. I don't think we're going to pull the "Yeah you had a great season let's see if you can do it again." card on him. It's just as much a culture thing as it is a financial thing for us. I think it'll be important for Jon to say "we take care of our own, and you did everything the right way." So no matter the price I think we pay it. Derrick has put this entire team on his back in so many ways this year. He's incredibly special, and means the world for what our identity is offensively. So, I think we'll be paying him. Franchise tagging him would send somewhat of a negative message to Derrick and the rest of the locker room after this incredible run he's been on, and I think Jon definitely takes that into account.

• Like 1