King Henry Appreciation Thread.

dtait93

Henry just slaughtered Brees, Ryan, Watson, and Kuechly and proclaimed himself King in the South.

Time to take the army to the west and conquer those lands as well. A man who eats ketchup on steak is no true King. 

Henry, the true ruler of all Four Kingdoms. 

• Like 2

We have to franchise him early with the "intent" to sign him to a deal before the season starts. That needs to be the message even if we don't agree to a deal so that it's not demoralizing in the locker room.

8 weeks ago half of us were set on letting him walk. He is on the best 8 week stretch of any RB in NFL history and we can't make him the highest paid RB in NFL history for the next 4 years based on the last 8 weeks. Especially when his first 3.5 years had most of us willing to part ways with him.

Those of us who were willing to pay him pretty much agreed he couldn't get more than 10 million. We can't let an 8 week body of work demand a 150% increase in salary, especially at the RB position.

If he does try to get Zeke money, and no one could blame him for trying, we should franchise him. 

I wanted to say this before the Chiefs game, because I don't want it to come off as recency bias if he has a bad game and/or we lose.

Edited by TitanSS

Curious to see Henry's career arc compared to a guy like DeMarco Murray.

Both players had their break out seasons in year 4 of their careers. At that point though DeMarco had 1,153 touches compared to Henry's 989 while also being a year older. Going back to their college days DeMarco had 916 touches to Henry's 619. In total that's 461 less touches he had than DeMarco by year 4. 

If they're anything similar (which genetically I don't think it's close) I think we'll get atleast 3 more good years from Henry if you look at:

1) The one year age difference

2) The touch disparity

3) DeMarco's 2016 swan song

Realistically I think he has 4-5 good seasons left in him considering he's just that much of a freak of a human being. That, and it's been well noted how well he takes care of himself in the offseason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

Curious to see Henry's career arc compared to a guy like DeMarco Murray.

Both players had their break out seasons in year 4 of their careers. At that point though DeMarco had 1,153 touches compared to Henry's 989 while also being a year older. Going back to their college days DeMarco had 916 touches to Henry's 619. In total that's 461 less touches he had than DeMarco by year 4. 

If they're anything similar (which genetically I don't think it's close) I think we'll get atleast 3 more good years from Henry if you look at:

1) The one year age difference

2) The touch disparity

3) DeMarco's 2016 swan song

Realistically I think he has 4-5 good seasons left in him considering he's just that much of a freak of a human being. That, and it's been well noted how well he takes care of himself in the offseason.

Just looking at the history of RBs, I say he has about 3 more seasons at an All Pro level before a drop off. How big a drop off is yet to be determined, but if you look up most RBs, after age 28 is when the drop off begins.

I think that's where a quality #2 RB comes in. That helped prolong the career of guys like Jerome Bettis and Fred Taylor.