King Henry Appreciation Thread.

dtait93

15 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I'll be the guy who says despite last night, paying Henry a lot of money is still a stupid idea.

I disagree for the fact he’s a special talent, he’s capable of leading the league in rushing & being the focal point of our offense. I understand you 1 of those guys that don’t believe in paying a RB big money, I’m the same way bout paying a WR. But the difference is Henry is the MVP of our offense.. you can’t put a price on leadership & what makes this offense go. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I'll be the guy who says despite last night, paying Henry a lot of money is still a stupid idea.

Might be the case if you were buying him off the market. But he's been our guy for a few years now. We have built an identity around him, and what he did last night, far from the first time he has done it too, dominating the #1 defense on the road and winning us the game virtually by himself on the offensive side is nothing short of amazing. I don't care if he doesn't play what some people believe to be a premier position in today's NFL, you just don't let that kind of a valuable piece of your team walk.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

Might be the case if you were buying him off the market. But he's been our guy for a few years now. We have built an identity around him, and what he did last night, far from the first time he has done it too, dominating the #1 defense on the road and winning us the game virtually by himself on the offensive side is nothing short of amazing. I don't care if he doesn't play what some people believe to be a premier position in today's NFL, you just don't let that kind of a valuable piece of your team walk.

What he said 💪🏽

Paying big money to a RB has never looked like it was worth it. Even Ezekiel Elliott looks like he could be replaced by 4th round rookie Tony Pollard and he would pick right up where he left off. 

However, I don't think Henry has given us a choice to not bring him back. It may not be the best decision in the long run based on what we've seen from other teams, but it'd be hard to let him go. He'd have to be demanding a ton to walk.

Edited by TitanSS

3 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

So you’d be fine letting him go? Ok then.... Back to one of the worst offenses in the league again...

You'd think the 6,000 examples we have in the NFL of how paying RBs, even ones that look other worldly, pretty much never works out would be enough to convince people, but I guess not.

• Like 1

Just now, TitanLegend said:

You'd think the 6,000 examples we have in the NFL of how paying RBs, even ones that look other worldly, pretty much never works out would be enough to convince people, but I guess not.

Again, he'd probably not produce to make any contract seem worth it. Unless you bring him back for pennies. 
But if you give him a new deal and new money it will be an increase and make it one the highest at his position.  
What does it matter if they do though?  
Are you fearful that he will revert back to the RB that can only get 3.0 ypc?  
He is obviously a great player. I say cut Lewis, draft a player in the mid rounds or so that can compliment him and there you go. 

And again, Robinson hasn't shown to give out silly deals that can't be escaped from barring bad production.  Pay him.  Is he preventing us from signing anyone else? if not then roll. 

8 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Yeah, I always hated that logic. If there was a magical way of throwing a certain amount of money at a single position, they would've figured it out by now. Some of the highest paid players at premium positions, such as LT or pass rushers, have probably had that same lack of impact over the years.

Just now, KingTitan said:

Again, he'd probably not produce to make any contract seem worth it. Unless you bring him back for pennies. 
But if you give him a new deal and new money it will be an increase and make it one the highest at his position.  
What does it matter if they do though?  
Are you fearful that he will revert back to the RB that can only get 3.0 ypc?  
He is obviously a great player. I say cut Lewis, draft a player in the mid rounds or so that can compliment him and there you go. 

And again, Robinson hasn't shown to give out silly deals that can't be escaped from barring bad production.  Pay him.  Is he preventing us from signing anyone else? if not then roll. 

No, I'm not really concerned about him regressing. The concern is tying up a significant portion of your cap in a player that can be pretty easily replaced. Let me remind everyone what Henry was doing before Tannehill came in and produced one of the greatest stretches of QB play in NFL history(statistically anyway) and before the o-line started to absolutely maul people in the run game:

7UOKW7L.png

And even then his dominant stretch didn't start til week 10, when Lewan had been back for a few games and Davis started getting more up to speed, etc. Our o-line over the last month and a half or so has been stupidly good. Henry deserves tons of credit for turning 4 yard runs in to 8 yard runs or whatever with his speed and power, but the o-line has consistently been giving him those first 4-5 yards free. And when you have a line capable of doing that, the list of RBs you could plug in and get great production out of is a long one.

It doesn't help that Henry isn't a threat at receiver, either. He can catch screen passes but beyond that? Offers no value catching the ball. At least backs like Zeke offer that, even though I also say paying someone like Zeke is foolish too.

4 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

Yeah, I always hated that logic. If there was a magical way of throwing a certain amount of money at a single position, they would've figured it out by now. Some of the highest paid players at premium positions, such as LT or pass rushers, have probably had that same lack of impact over the years.

No, because finding premiere OTs and pass rushers isn't easy. We have as good of a backup OT as you can ask for in the league and you saw what happened when we asked him to step in for Lewan for 4 games. We had to give him help on damn near every pass block play, while we give some of the least help in the league to Lewan per analytics:

The gap between a high end backup OT in Kelly and a premier OT in Lewan is just that huge. Good RBs grow on trees, though.

The problem isn't that Henry won't produce if given a contract. The problem is that success running the ball is much more dependant on the OL than it is the RB.

Hence why guys like Conner and Pollard can fill in for Bell and Zeke and look just as good. It's not limited to just those guys either, it's the rule not the exception. That is why the position is devalued. 

I think we will pay him, but I can absolutely see how it would be a better investment to give that 12 mil a year to an EDGE over a RB.

2 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Hence why guys like Conner and Pollard can fill in for Bell and Zeke and look just as good. It's not limited to just those guys either, it's the rule not the exception. That is why the position is devalued. 

You think Conner and Pollard would have put up 200 yards against and defeated Brady/Belichick in the playoffs just because of our o-line?