Monday Night Football - New Orleans @ Minnesota

ET80

Who wins?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Minnesota
    • New Orleans

Only interesting because of the AP situation. Lots of Vikings fans have lots of opinions about it.

My love for AP started waning pretty much right after the 2012 season. The guy was always anti-clutch and while he fixed some of his fumbling problems after his early years, I ALWAYS cringed when he had the ball in important spots. Guy also has rocks for brains and always struck me as two-faced. All that said, I only hope that he has nothing left in the tank because I want the Vikings to be truly justified in cutting him. Less a part of it is that he went to New Orleans of ALL teams? I mean, really AP? I would've been much more forgiving if he'd gone to literally anyone else (sans the Packers).

Anyway, I'm leaning slightly toward the Vikings losing this game based purely off preseason play. I think that Brees will give the defense fits, but I also think that the front 7 completely stifles AP. Bradford will get sacked a bunch and will put up a lot of yards but will hardly score. Dalvin Cook puts up 3.7 ypc and has a small handful of impressive runs but otherwise won't be given much chance to shine because of poor play calling. Expect lots and lots of frustrating swing passes and checkdowns to him. The Vikings D will look much more impressive in the first half than the second, as they will get tired from being on the field way too much. Saints over Vikings 17-10

Saints pull this one out in a defensive game. Both Ds should be flying all over the field. Bree's throws 258 on 38 att 28 comps 2 TDs 2 sacks 0 int, Peterson has 12 carries 54 yards 1 TD 2 receptions 11 yards, Ingram gets 14car 58yds 2 rec 6yds, Kamara 4 car 23 yds 5 rec 52 yds 1TD. Thomas 6 rec 82 yds 1TD. Defense gets 4-6 sacks and 2 Int due to the pressure. 

Final NO 26-Minn 19

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Vikings good D v. Saints good O

Vikings bad O v. Saints bad D

I think Brees is too much for the Vikings, but I'm torn on this one.  

Defense wins championships, but, I just feel like the Vikings are going to give Brees too many chances to go out onto the field to win.

Just now, SammyBradwater said:

Defense wins championships, but, I just feel like the Vikings are going to give Brees too many chances to go out onto the field to win.

That's kind of my thinking as well.  

That said...if Bradford channels his inner Alex Smith and take some shots down the field this week, I think the Vikings win.

Archived