Eagles extend G Brandon Brooks to a 4-year contract

RaidersAreOne

Awesome, has been one of the best signings we've had off the street and will be on the ALL-Pro this year...made more impressive by him coming off of an achilles tear this January.

Good for him. Him and Lane will probably be together til middle part of this next decade at least, then we have Dillard looking pretty damn good on the left size. 
As bad as we are at retaining and drafting at certain positions (WR)...I'm glad we lock up and focus on the lines. So many teams getting tanked year after year by not doing that.

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

probably reduces his cap hit next year and also well deserved because Brooks is a GD'ed beast

most likely yeah, I imagine Howie's prepped to add at least one significant free agent next year. But we also have all these deals set to accelerate. Need to move some cash around.

Brandon Brooks tore his achilles in January...... then went on to not miss a game and probably be the best guard in football.

That is insane for an offensive lineman, especially one that is like 330 lbs. 

Dude definitely earned this.

He might be the best Eagles player this year and should be up for and probably win comeback player of the year too.

• Like 2

Yeah, not going to lie. I'm having hard time thinking of a better FA pick up over the years then Brooks? Outside of the Fluke injury he's legit been one of the Top 5 OG in all of Football as a Eagle. Underrated by the Masses really.

Can you imagine what Houston and Watson could look like if their FO put money into their OL for those that actually deserved it? Thank God for Stupidity!!!!

Him and Lane side by side is Without a doubt the best RG/RT combo in the NFL and that not a Homer take in the slightest!

Good for him and Us!

Just gonna repost this from our forum. 

7 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

He might be the best Eagles player this year and should be up for and probably win comeback player of the year too.

He should should be a finalist, but I'm sure it'll end up with a skill position guy who's been out longer.
So probably Dalvin Cook.

Cause Brooks played fantastic all year until he got hurt in the divisional round, missed the rest of that game. And then played week one.
So he didnt even miss a start.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

As bad as we are at retaining and drafting at certain positions (WR)...I'm glad we lock up and focus on the lines. So many teams getting tanked year after year by not doing that.

So legit. I was thinking of that other PA team that's thin at scoring positions, but str8 baller at Trench Positions. PA playoff run in 3...2..1

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

I thought this was going to be a lost season for him after tearing his achilles in the Divisional Round. Dude's an animal.

ran a 4.99 at 346 lbs and tossed up 32 reps. He's not as athletic overall as Lane, but he's the Fletcher Cox of our OL. Everything you want in a RG since working out his anxiety issues that he had when he first got here.

As long as he stays healthy, he will be great until he's 34/35.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1