Week #11 GDT Steelers at Browns Backyard Brawl Pt. 1

Steeler Hitman

42 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

The OL has looked elite because of how good Ben is at extending plays. Mason has molasses feet. 

Under Munch, the blocking was notably better, with or without Ben.  Losing Munchack was a far bigger blow to this OLine than losing Ben.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

The fact that Browns fans in NFL General are basically defending Garrett with "but Mason grabbed his facemask" while ignoring that Garrett didn't need to tackle him in the first place is ridiculous... ESPN's Jeremy Fowler sums it up nicely in his tweet...

Dumpster franchise.

ironic how brown fans love calling the steelers dirty(and yes, the steelers have a history there..just like most franchises)

but the two most memorable images of dirty plays in this rivalry is the turkey jones hit on Bradshaw and now this from a browns player...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, August4th said:

wish we had some of "real" starters on offense for this game, but its whatever

props to baker for handling the pressure and making clutch throws

Sorry the Browns couldn’t just finish a game like normal people. They literally can’t just have a normal game.

3 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Not sure if it was game planned or if Baker figured it out during the game but those plays where Watt provided pressure but lost outside containment killed them. Those plays were back breakers. 

I think we would of forced some fumbles if that pressure connected, instead baker was able to escape and make some big plays. honestly didn't come away impressed with Browns tbh our game against them in 2 weeks should be interesting.. hopefully our offense is not banged up as all hell again

I'm sure there's going to be a 1000 excuses for Mason's performance.  The truth is he has been throwing horrible passes and ints all season... juju getting decapitated rest squarely on Mason's shoulders...there were 3 defenders clearing converging on juju way before the pass was thrown...last week a ball went off juju hands and was intercepted... he hung juju to dry on that one too. We need a qb....and fast. 

1 minute ago, DudeWhat??? said:

I'm sure there's going to be a 1000 excuses for Mason's performance.  The truth is he has been throwing horrible passes and ints all season... juju getting decapitated rest squarely on Mason's shoulders...there were 3 defenders clearing converging on juju way before the pass was thrown...last week a ball went off juju hands and was intercepted... he hung juju to dry on that one too. We need a qb....and fast. 

Yeah I never liked Mason Rudolph. I think he's an absolute bum.

That being said, I loved your draft. Diontae Johnson is a STUD and was my favorite player in the draft. Devin Bush was a great pick-up. I loved Ulysses Gilbert and Justin Layne.

I just wonder if you'll be bad enough to make a run at a great QB in the next few years.

Hate the way the game ended, but good game guys. Your defense is looking like its old self. Watt has always given us nightmares and he's only gotten better. Us just getting a couple of big passing plays was the difference in the game.

I think you guys can easily win the next one in a couple of weeks in Pittsburgh. Especially cause we'll obviously be without Garrett and possibly Ogunjobi.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DudeWhat??? said:

Might be time to consider Hodges.  Not saying he will be better, but we should see what we have in him....especially if we fall further out of the playoff race.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, August4th said:

wish we had some of "real" starters on offense for this game, but its whatever

props to baker for handling the pressure and making clutch throws

The reality is there needs to be a next guy up mentality anyway. The players out there were good enough to beat a not-good Browns team.