Week #11 GDT Steelers at Browns Backyard Brawl Pt. 1

Steeler Hitman

3 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Hate the way the game ended, but good game guys. Your defense is looking like its old self. Watt has always given us nightmares and he's only gotten better. Us just getting a couple of big passing plays was the difference in the game.

I think you guys can easily win the next one in a couple of weeks in Pittsburgh. Especially cause we'll obviously be without Garrett and possibly Ogunjobi.

Ogubjobi might deserve a fine but the push doesnt deserve a suspension imo

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Bridgewater?

yeah...someone like that

basically I think they can become the 90s steelers again once Ben is gone. A good team thats led by its defense with a QB manager who does not mess up until the superbowl or AFC title game :S

Edited by August4th

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

We wont be able to afford him.   Plus, I dont trust he could have success with our pathetic OC.

Who do you have money tied up in? I feel like with Juju on a rookie contract, you shouldn't be paying that much to the rest of your team.

Especially if Ben comes off the books with a retirement, which is extremely likely I'd think.

Ben, Bell, Brown, DeCastro, Heyward? I feel like those are the guys that have money tied to them in the past. 3 of the 5 will be gone, no?

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

Who do you have money tied up in? I feel like with Juju on a rookie contract, you shouldn't be paying that much to the rest of your team.

Especially if Ben comes off the books with a retirement, which is extremely likely I'd think.

Ben, Bell, Brown, DeCastro, Heyward? I feel like those are the guys that have money tied to them in the past. 3 of the 5 will be gone, no?

Ben isnt retiring this offseason.

Pouncey is extremely overpaid.  DeCastro, Heyward, Haden and Tuitt are making vig money.

2021 we should have money.  2020 it will be tight.

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I'm pretty concerned about the 2nd matchup.  

Dont get me wrong, I think we will win. But I have a bad feeling we haven't seen the end of that brawl. 

This. We're clearly the better team if we have even 2 of our starters on offense. But they were headhunting tonight and will probably look to do the same in Pittsburgh.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

The reality is there needs to be a next guy up mentality anyway. The players out there were good enough to beat a not-good Browns team.

IDK man... we were having our back-ups back-ups out there. 2 of our top 3 wideouts(Holton and Jones) were practice squad type guys..only so much you can do with that

no excuse for the O-line poor play tho

• Like 1

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

What can they do? Mason just doesn't have it. I love the fight in the kid but he's just not an NFL QB.

they need to somehow transform this run game but our backs are always hurt, Nix is out for the year and the run blocking is weak

oh well..this team was never going on a deep playoff run with Mason. I just hope they win 2-3 more games, so the pick we traded away stays in the teens

22 minutes ago, August4th said:

something needs to be done with this offense if they want to have a shot at the postseason..with this offense no game is safe from a loss

you have now entered Ravens era ca. 2013-2018. enjoy.

seriously though your D will probably win too many games for you to have a shot at a decent QB come draft so, any chance you'd be interested in trading for / signing a released Newton?

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Might be time to consider Hodges.  Not saying he will be better, but we should see what we have in him....especially if we fall further out of the playoff race.

Nah..we got enough talent on this team..we dont need to play those games..we aren't the bengals... we need to find a QB now... for this year...there are definitely better options. I'm not turning my back on mason..he just isn't ready ...neither is Duck..but the potential is there..more so with duck I agree..but not now

3 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

What can they do? Mason just doesn't have it. I love the fight in the kid but he's just not an NFL QB.

how about all the players missing and then the the OL which is healthy yet terrible. It's not all on Mason thats for sure, the vet OL could have stepped up instead of failing so  bad. The OL's worst game in years

3 hours ago, berlin calling said:

you have now entered Ravens era ca. 2013-2018. enjoy.

seriously though your D will probably win too many games for you to have a shot at a decent QB come draft so, any chance you'd be interested in trading for / signing a released Newton?

I'd rather trade for a fig newton.