College programs your team seems to favor

Elky

4 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Clemson, Alabama, Ohio St should be excluded here because everybody wants their guys.

Not sure you'll find a more interesting one than NE w/ Rutgers. 

I think if a team REALLY has a lot of players from one of those schools in particular, you can mention it.

But yeah, I'm sure most NFL teams have at least 1 player from each of these programs.

11 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Brian Gutekunst has only been GM for 2 seasons, so it's too early to make any strong correlations.  In the two years, they seem to be heavily invested in Big 10 and SEC teams.  Of their 19 picks over the last 2 years, 10 of the 19 are in the SEC or Big 10.  Between the Big 12, Pac 12, and ACC, the Packers have only selected four from those conferences.

Was Ted Thompson one to draft players from one conference over the others?

8 hours ago, Bolts223 said:
13 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Clemson, Alabama, Ohio St should be excluded here because everybody wants their guys.

Not sure you'll find a more interesting one than NE w/ Rutgers. 

I think if a team REALLY has a lot of players from one of those schools in particular, you can mention it.

But yeah, I'm sure most NFL teams have at least 1 player from each of these programs.

And that's pretty much the Saints, but really the Big 10 in general.

Ohio State:  Michael Thomas, Ted Ginn, Eli Apple, Marshon Lattimore, Vonn Bell, and formerly Kurt Coleman and Will Smith.  Also had JT Barrett on the practice squad at one point.  Seems like Saints really like Ohio State/Big players.

2 hours ago, Pugger said:

Was Ted Thompson one to draft players from one conference over the others?

I'm not sure there was a major trend, so much as coincidence.  Five of the last six initial picks that Ted Thompson came out of the Pac-12 if you include 2017.  His lone first pick that wasn't coming from a Pac-12 program was HHCD back in 2014 who came out of Alabama.  Of the 39 Day 1 or Day 2 picks that Ted Thompson made from 2005-2016, 7 of them came from the Pac-12.  By my count, he took 7 players out of the SEC.