27 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Browns
    • Baker Mayfield's Facial Hair
    • The Pittsburgh Defense
    • Kiwibrown
    • Hope

21 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I agree to an extent. The OL didn't help, but that play calling was clunky. You don't run toss sweep on the 1 yard line. You're asking for a S or a LB to shoot a gap and create a negative play. You run the freaking football up the middle 4x in that situation.

I’m disagreeing, but I do like Nick Chubb’s odds against a DB or LB in space.

Ive seen worst play calling.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You put getting stopped 7 consecutive plays on the one yard line on coaching?

And you used to play OL??

When the playcaller is calling toss plays to the Heart/strength of the defense or calling short toss counter plays and stuff like that. That’s all on coaching. Now if Freddie actually tried to run dive, iso, power, or a QB sneak and the OL was getting its sh!t stuffed back in, it be a different aspect.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, buno67 said:

When the playcaller is calling toss plays to the Heart/strength of the defense or calling short toss counter plays and stuff like that. That’s all on coaching. Now if Freddie actually tried to run dive, iso, power, or a QB sneak and the OL was getting its sh!t stuffed back in, it be a different aspect.

Well if the offensive line got a push Chubb could have had a gap to cut it in at some point. We couldn't contain them or get leverage. We aren't very tough on our line.In hindsight we probably should have thrown every time because that was working better but if we did everyone would have been on Freddie even more than they are now even if it succeeded.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well if the offensive line got a push Chubb could have had a gap to cut it in at some point. We couldn't contain them or get leverage. We aren't very tough on our line.In hindsight we probably should have thrown every time because that was working better but if we did everyone would have been on Freddie even more than they are now even if it succeeded.

And if we had run up the middle every time then people would be giving Freddie crap for being so vanilla in his play-calling.

I wasn't crazy about the plays called in that situation, but it doesn't matter what play is called when the execution is crap. 

• Like 1

I would rather run a play that has less of a chance of negative yardage on those goal line situations.  Not sure if that stretch that Chubb ran was supposed to go to the outside (the one where he lost 5) or if he took it there because the middle was clogged.  Either way...we need to block better, AND call better plays near the goal line.

I don't understand no play action to the te in that situation. And no spreading them out with the shotgun and running up the middle. Instead we kept running backsides and tosses where there arent enough blockers to tacklers.

At some point we will figure out the rz woes. OBJ was real close to scoring several times. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

And if we had run up the middle every time then people would be giving Freddie crap for being so vanilla in his play-calling.

I wasn't crazy about the plays called in that situation, but it doesn't matter what play is called when the execution is crap. 

I agree with this. I honestly would've preferred we kept throwing fades to OBJ, but that would've looked really dumb if it didn't work too. So overall, I agree with the bolded.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

If there’s one thing I can say with supreme confidence, it’s that Browns fans are gonna complain.

Case in point, we just beat a 6-2 team at home and all people want to talk about is the play calling.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If there’s one thing I can say with supreme confidence, it’s that Browns fans are gonna complain.

Case in point, we just beat a 6-2 team at home and all people want to talk about is the play calling.

I think it's because the win feels like it was pure luck.  We beat a crappy 6-2 team because we have more talent.  The coaching is still garbage, and does not instill confidence moving forward.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I think it's because the win feels like it was pure luck.  We beat a crappy 6-2 team because we have more talent.  The coaching is still garbage, and does not instill confidence moving forward.

I think it’s also partly inexperience at the QB position, HC, OC, most of our foundational defensive players are on rookie deals, etc.

People, including myself to some degree, expected us to be better than we’ve been, but to think that a team that has no foundation of success to build on, inexperience at the two most critical areas of the team, etc is going to come out win 13 games just because they’re talented was optimistic at best.  Some may say foolish.  

I readily admit the team has underperformed, but I although expectations were off by a large number of fans.

• Like 1

Well I'm hoping Baker's confidence is sky high because he responded in a big way after it all seemed we were out to screw it up again. 

Just the fact that he's throwing downfield and in rz to obj also will be keeping defenses honest. 

Freddie is also responding to critics. Obj targets, mayfield rolling left, not calling all go's come to mind. So it's not as if he is completely stubborn like Hue. 

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

I see what you're saying, but to play devil's advocate, I suspect if he called a run dive, iso, power, or QB sneak that the line would have gotten it's sh!t stuffed back in.

27 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think it’s also partly inexperience at the QB position, HC, OC, most of our foundational defensive players are on rookie deals, etc.

People, including myself to some degree, expected us to be better than we’ve been, but to think that a team that has no foundation of success to build on, inexperience at the two most critical areas of the team, etc is going to come out win 13 games just because they’re talented was optimistic at best.  Some may say foolish.  

I readily admit the team has underperformed, but I although expectations were off by a large number of fans.

This is spot on, but if we go 6-10 we can't simply re-roll the dice next season.  We can only take a couple more losses before we admit there is something fundamentally wrong.

• Like 1