RandyMossIsBoss

Is Lamar Jackson already better than Atlanta Vick ever was?

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 11:11 PM, john305 said:

I never liked ATL Vick as a passer, dynamic playmaker all day but mediocre passer imo. Jackson is 100% a better QB than any version of ATL Vick.

Jackson isn't a good passer either.

On 1/13/2020 at 10:19 PM, MSURacerDT55 said:

And that's more than what Jackson has

Year 1-6 Mark Sanchez > Year 1-6 Peyton Manning

Jay Cutler > Patrick Mahomes 

Joe Flacco > Drew Brees

Jake Delhomme > Matt Ryan

Tim Tebow > Lamar Jackson

Colin Kaepernick > Deshaun Watson

Edited by Yin-Yang

7 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Year 1-6 Mark Sanchez > Year 1-6 Peyton Manning

Jay Cutler > Patrick Mahomes 

Joe Flacco > Drew Brees

Jake Delhomme > Matt Ryan

Tim Tebow > Lamar Jackson

Colin Kaepernick > Deshaun Watson

Sounds good, point remains.....

10 hours ago, MrnastiesNO said:

Jackson led the league in touchdown passes and had a QB Rating of 113, which was 2nd only to Drew Brees. He is a good passer.

3 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Sounds good, point remains.....

An irrelevant point remains, yes.

20 hours ago, MrnastiesNO said:

Led the league in passing TDs and TD passes in the redzone... would say otherwise. Most would agree that redzone TDs is the most difficult passes due to the field condensing... so... yeah... your opinion is very, um... interesting.

I’ve been looking for that first play for ever. Legit sick af, and he had a nastier one too where he dropped back like 20 yards juking and launched a bomb for a TD. Vick is a different breed.. Dude was a pleasure to watch.. The Vick experience was real and no other NFL player has come close to his electrifying moves. It’s been 20+ years and we haven’t anything close to him. 

1 hour ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

I’ve been looking for that first play for ever. Legit sick af, and he had a nastier one too where he dropped back like 20 yards juking and launched a bomb for a TD. Vick is a different breed.. Dude was a pleasure to watch.. The Vick experience was real and no other NFL player has come close to his electrifying moves. It’s been 20+ years and we haven’t anything close to him. 

If you went into a lab and created the perfect QB, it would have been prime Vick. Its a shame that he didnt get to play for a "Reid-type" QB whisperer his entire career. 

I can see a lot of ppl in this thread never even watched Vick play in real time.  Prolly just random clips on Youtube.  But hey... bring all the analytics and metrics to the party you want.

1 hour ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Lamar's moves/explosiveness is every bit as electrifying.

4 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Lamar's moves/explosiveness is every bit as electrifying.

Lamar has zero acceleration compared to Vick. And I don’t care. I’ve seen them both play. No one touches Vick. 

I mean what are we really talking about here at this point lol the better NFL player or who had cooler runs and highlights and stuff?

Genuinely asking because if people are legitimately trying to argue the former I'm not really sure what to say at this point? I think that's very, very obviously Lamar Jackson.

The latter? Definitely a debate-worthy topic. I'm sure once Lamar hangs them up he'll have some pretty athletic plays added to his profile but as of now Vick was probably a more electric, hold-your-breath type athelte