Is Lamar Jackson already better than Atlanta Vick ever was?

RandyMossIsBoss

9 hours ago, DaveDX said:

Imagine if Lamar had an Alge Crumpler.  He'd be unstoppable.  Still, he's yet to have a float-through-the-air-avoiding-Dan-Morgan-while-impossibly-not-touching-the-ground moment.  But he probably will.

He literally just pulled off a spin move that left 3 NFL defenders looking like JV players on his 40+ yard touchdown run the other day. Not sure what more you could ask for. There are very few players at any position that could pull that play off in the open field let alone QB's.

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

Mike Vick was better in 2010 than LaMar Jackson has been this year, but LaMar Jackson is still young and has time to surpass Vick's best year. 

That's not really true. In just about every metric Vick's 2010 season is either equaled or surpassed by Lamar Jackson. If Jackson finishes the season at a similar rate to which he has been playing thus far it will undoubtedly be a better season than Vick had in 2010. 

1 minute ago, tyler735 said:

That's not really true. In just about every metric Vick's 2010 season is either equaled or surpassed by Lamar Jackson. If Jackson finishes the season at a similar rate to which he has been playing thus far it will undoubtedly be a better season than Vick had in 2010. 

It kinda is. especially when you consider that passing has gotten league wide easier and easier with every passing (no pun intended) season. Last year was the beginning of a new normal for passing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

He literally just pulled off a spin move that left 3 NFL defenders looking like JV players on his 40+ yard touchdown run the other day. Not sure what more you could ask for. There are very few players at any position that could pull that play off in the open field let alone QB's.

Which was very impressive, but that Vick play was, or should have been, physically impossible. 

11 hours ago, ET80 said:

I read today that Lamar Jackson has a higher QB rating over his first 16 games than Tom Brady, and has more rushing yards that Ladanian Tomlinson had over his first 16 games. 

That's beyond rare. From a statistical perspective, Jackson is clearly further than Vick - pre-prison and post-prison.

This. What Jackson is doing right now is insane. I think Vick made a few more big plays on his own (purely off memory) but Jackson has been by far the better overall QB. 

While I don't think that was LJ is doing is sustainable, we're talking about a guy that's on pace to push for a rushing title, throw for just shy of 30 TD and have about 3,200 yards. Those are video game numbers.

I'm intrigued to see what he does in 2020. If it's more of the same, then he is probably going to make a career of this. If between games 20-30 teams figure him out/the film shows some flaws, I'm going to be interested to see if he can adapt.

Vick also only played a full 16 games in a season ONE TIME in his career ('06), and people often forget that. 

47 minutes ago, DaveDX said:

Which was very impressive, but that Vick play was, or should have been, physically impossible. 

I'm assuming you are referencing the play at 2:50 in this vid:

https://youtu.be/s9qtXIhmh4A

vs this:

I guess I'm just more impressed by the Jackson run than the play you referenced. That said Vick had a similar run against the Vikings back in the day.