Is Lamar Jackson already better than Atlanta Vick ever was?

RandyMossIsBoss

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

I'm assuming you are referencing the play at 2:50 in this vid:

https://youtu.be/s9qtXIhmh4A

vs this:

I guess I'm just more impressed by the Jackson run than the play you referenced. That said Vick had a similar run against the Vikings back in the day.

It’s pretty obvious the Jackson play is superior by itself, but in context the Vick play was a heart ripper. 

On 11/12/2019 at 8:52 AM, MWil23 said:

While I don't think that was LJ is doing is sustainable, we're talking about a guy that's on pace to push for a rushing title, throw for just shy of 30 TD and have about 3,200 yards. Those are video game numbers.

I'm intrigued to see what he does in 2020. If it's more of the same, then he is probably going to make a career of this. If between games 20-30 teams figure him out/the film shows some flaws, I'm going to be interested to see if he can adapt.

Vick also only played a full 16 games in a season ONE TIME in his career ('06), and people often forget that. 

We thought what Mahomes was doing was unsustainable too but look at him this year. 

1 hour ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

How old are you? No cap. 

Aren't you the guy constantly belittling players from the older eras and saying that "high school has better athletes these days". But now that someone is saying Lamar is a better athlete than Vick ever was, you're saying that dudes who played in the league in their prime almost 15 years apart are on the same level?

Which is it, Rammy? Are athletes evolving or not?

28 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Aren't you the guy constantly belittling players from the older eras and saying that "high school has better athletes these days". But now that someone is saying Lamar is a better athlete than Vick ever was, you're saying that dudes who played in the league in their prime almost 15 years apart are on the same level?

Which is it, Rammy? Are athletes evolving or not?

50’years ago not 12 brother man 

29 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Mahomes wasn’t rushing it 10-15 times a game and on pace to rush for 1200-1300 yards. It’s a little different.

Yes but he was passing over 300 yds a game and had 50 passing touchdowns in his first full year. 

Thats extraordinary. People thought it was unsustainable but he’s having a pretty good encore 

Vick was a better thrower? What? 

He had a rocket, but lacked pretty much every aspect you want out of a QB until 2010 (even then, he wasn’t that good from a pure quarterbacking perspective). Lamar is a better passer already, just doesn’t have the howitzer. 

That said, Vick was the better athlete. Not by much, but he was. 

8 hours ago, AntonChigurh said:

You are way to young to comment on this. 

If Vick was draft in Lamars draft position and team culture, he'd be putting up even better numbers because he was a better thrower. 

Lamar in college was already a better thrower than Vick ever was. Hard cold truth.

• Like 1