Is Lamar Jackson already better than Atlanta Vick ever was?

RandyMossIsBoss

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Vick did play in a totally different era of football mind you, if Vick played in the NFL today I think he would be possibly even better than Lamar Jackson is.  Vick played when players could literally crush the QB and totally walk away with no foul and do it again the next play, so that has to be taken into context with Lamar.

It is true, you can't even compare stats from a decade ago to now.  We're entering another era of football that's gonna be more arcade mode than ever before, and it's going to resemble Madden more than ever before.  But even despite that, I agree with others that Vick is not Lamar Jackson.  What he coulda and shoulda done is one thing, but if he had poor work ethic and poor accuracy, he's not gonna be better than Lamar.  He's not so much more talented that he would be better than Lamar based off of pure talent.

14 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Vick did play in a totally different era of football mind you, if Vick played in the NFL today I think he would be possibly even better than Lamar Jackson is.  Vick played when players could literally crush the QB and totally walk away with no foul and do it again the next play, so that has to be taken into context with Lamar.

And now that players can’t do that, but guys are training from elementary school all the way to the NFL and maximizing their bodies. The athletes are better in today’s game. The defensive schemes are more complex in today’s game.

So sure Vick’s durability might be better improved. But he’s also going to have guys faster to deal with and when they force him to pass, his inability to study defenses and working on his craft is going to leave him with inferior accuracy to Lamar and to inferior understanding of the pass coverages and thus turning the ball over at a much higher rate.

That Vick in today’s game is last season’s Josh Allen with more speed.

13 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

It is true, you can't even compare stats from a decade ago to now.  We're entering another era of football that's gonna be more arcade mode than ever before, and it's going to resemble Madden more than ever before.  But even despite that, I agree with others that Vick is not Lamar Jackson.  What he coulda and shoulda done is one thing, but if he had poor work ethic and poor accuracy, he's not gonna be better than Lamar.  He's not so much more talented that he would be better than Lamar based off of pure talent.

Have you ever played or watched organized football before the year 2010.

Were you born yesterday?

Vick is leaps and bounds more talented than Lamar and it isn't even close. 

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

And now that players can’t do that, but guys are training from elementary school all the way to the NFL and maximizing their bodies. The athletes are better in today’s game. The defensive schemes are more complex in today’s game.

So sure Vick’s durability might be better improved. But he’s also going to have guys faster to deal with and when they force him to pass, his inability to study defenses and working on his craft is going to leave him with inferior accuracy to Lamar and to inferior understanding of the pass coverages and thus turning the ball over at a much higher rate.

That Vick in today’s game is last season’s Josh Allen with more speed.

Horrible take is horrible. More at 11

10 hours ago, AntonChigurh said:

Were you born yesterday?

You're on one bro lol 

Edited by Ray Reed

16 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

So sure Vick’s durability might be better improved. But he’s also going to have guys faster to deal with and when they force him to pass

Vick ran a 4.33 40.  I’m pretty sure his speed would still be as lethal now as it was then 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Vick ran a 4.33 40.  I’m pretty sure his speed would still be as lethal now as it was then 

I didn’t say it wouldn’t be. We know he and Lamar are athletes on a different level than peers.

But the fact remains that defense’s are more complex and athletes faster. The point I responded to referred to how the game was more physical and that to Vick getting more banged up. Which is true, but it’s not like Vick played in the 70s. Guys would hit you but there was still protections allotted. And for that trade off the athletes now are better, which balances out the difference in physicality. What’s more Vick played with a reckless nature when running that led to him getting hurt on more occasions than one, so durability would still be a factor with him somersaulting across goal lines and such.

19 hours ago, AntonChigurh said:

Were you born yesterday?

Cut it out with the insults.

- ET