Is Lamar Jackson already better than Atlanta Vick ever was?

RandyMossIsBoss

8 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Man stop trying to pretend you're some brave truth teller just because you keep saying patently false and incorrect things out of what can only be described at this point as some weird vendetta against Lamar.

I think it's 50% this, and 50% some weird worship for Vick. MV is just one of those athletes that inspires some odd cuckish loyalty/delusion with his followers. Which prevents discussions surrounding them or in this case comparisons involving them, from ever being grounded in reality.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

My thing is, you already have speedy weapon in Hollywood Brown, and in most cases, he should be the Tyreek Hill of your offense if he had a QB that could threaten defenses vertically, Its apparent that, this isn't Jackson's strong suit, which makes him a wasted pick IMO. Also what would be the point of having all of those weapons in KC if he can't properly utilize them? They would be dynamic from the standpoint of being better running the ball with the threat of Jackson running, but trust me, they will have 8 in the box and take their chances as opposed to having 2 safetys deep at all times in fear of being beat deep at any time. 

I don't need to sit anything out, I coach in real life, I know what my eyes see, the difference is, I'm not jaded by fandom. I see things objectively, and TBH, I haven't been saying anything that isn't unfair. The only things I have been questioning is his arm strength and his ability to win from the pocket, that's a fair criticism....

Everything you are criticizing Jackson for applies even stronger to Vick. He had one good passing season and it was probably a fluke.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Danand said:

If you coach in real life, you are 100% bad at it with your lack of ability to recognize/see talent.

I feel sorry for whoever you try to coach.

giphy.gif

But you try to base a very large assumption based of very little evidence, well let me help you. I have produced linemen who've played for Alabama, 2 who started at the same time for Iowa as was several other lower schools. But I cAn'T cOaCh, Buddy, to be quite frank, I would coach you up under and over the table....

But chances are you aren't so moot point....

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

My thing is, you already have speedy weapon in Hollywood Brown, and in most cases, he should be the Tyreek Hill of your offense if he had a QB that could threaten defenses vertically, Its apparent that, this isn't Jackson's strong suit, which makes him a wasted pick IMO. Also what would be the point of having all of those weapons in KC if he can't properly utilize them? They would be dynamic from the standpoint of being better running the ball with the threat of Jackson running, but trust me, they will have 8 in the box and take their chances as opposed to having 2 safetys deep at all times in fear of being beat deep at any time. 

I don't need to sit anything out, I coach in real life, I know what my eyes see, the difference is, I'm not jaded by fandom. I see things objectively, and TBH, I haven't been saying anything that isn't unfair. The only things I have been questioning is his arm strength and his ability to win from the pocket, that's a fair criticism....

LOL, what? 

"Lamar Jackson can't throw deep" is what you're saying.

Yet, Lamar has a "longest completed air distance" of 51.5 yards. Which is 16th in the NFL... or basically right smack dab in the middle. The highest? Cousins at 60. The lowest? Brees at 42. The average for great QBs in the NFL right now? 48.5.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scar988 said:

LOL, what? 

"Lamar Jackson can't throw deep" is what you're saying.

Yet, Lamar has a "longest completed air distance" of 51.5 yards. Which is 16th in the NFL... or basically right smack dab in the middle. The highest? Cousins at 60. The lowest? Brees at 42. The average for great QBs in the NFL right now? 48.5.

giphy.gif

Oh, so he throws one long pass and I'm supposed to be convinced he a deep ball passer?

9 minutes ago, scar988 said:

This idea that Lamar lacks arm strength shows a complete lack of football knowledge right now.

Greg Roman is a smart guy, he opened up the offense with the vertical game with Kaepernick, why would he not feature it with Lamar Jackson?, why not take his offense to an even higher level? Explain that, they have Hollywood Brown who ran a 4.32 and can take the top off of the defense, keep another safety deep and further open up the running game, oh but its a lack of football knowledge though.....

Edited by MSURacerDT55

Just now, MSURacerDT55 said:

Greg Roman is a smart guy, he opened up the offense with the vertical game with Kaepernick, why would he not feature it with Lamar Jackson?, why not take his offense to an even higher level? Explain that, they have Hollywood Brown who ran a 4.32 and can take the top off of the defense, oh but its a lack of football knowledge...lol

Probably because Hollywood Brown was coming off a Lisfranc, basically didn't practice all season and played at half speed in like 40% of his games this year, but I guess acknowledging that would have meant actually watching the games of this quarterback you keep pretending you have an intimate understanding of. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Probably because Hollywood Brown was coming off a Lisfranc, basically didn't practice all season and played at half speed in like 40% of his games this year, but I guess acknowledging that would have meant actually watching the games of this quarterback you keep pretending you have an intimate understanding of. 

Lisfranc injuries take 6-12, weeks to heal, and at 40% they would have put him on IR, he probably was more like 65% still would pose a significant deep threat, next....

This is fun

Edited by MSURacerDT55

Just now, MSURacerDT55 said:

Lisfranc injuries take 6-12, weeks to heal, and even if heal he still would pose a significant deep threat, next....

Lol you either watched Hollywood this year and saw that he wasn't close to 100% or you weren't paying attention. And judging by your responses it's pretty clear you're just googling stuff as we go. Dude barely got any reps in training camp because the coaching staff wanted to be careful with him recovering from a serious injury. Came out of the gates hot but playing on a snap count. Hurt his ankle catching a TD in Week 5 against the Steelers and basically didn't practice/was a game-time decision every week and never really played at full speed for the rest of the season. 

Must have missed the part where he hurt his ankle in-season too then, huh? I get it, reading is hard. And actually watching the games to have known any of this to begin with before mouthing off is even harder. 

I amend what I said earlier. I don't think this is just a weird grudge against Lamar. It's also just a matter of you not being particularly bright. So I'm out dawg. I admire the commitment to just being repeatedly wrong about everything on a basic level, but can't waste much more of my time humoring it. I'm happy to talk Lamar with anyone who wants to have that conversation in good faith but it's clear you're just not really grounded in reality on this one. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp

20 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Must have missed the part where he hurt his ankle in-season too then, huh? I get it, reading is hard. And actually watching the games to have known any of this to begin with before mouthing off is even harder. 

I amend what I said earlier. I don't think this is just a weird grudge against Lamar. It's also just a matter of you not being particularly bright. So I'm out dawg. I admire the commitment to just being repeatedly wrong about everything on a basic level, but can't waste much more of my time humoring it. I'm happy to talk Lamar with anyone who wants to have that conversation in good faith but it's clear you're just not really grounded in reality on this one. 

Yawn, guess what? Even if Hollywood were injured, there are plenty of receivers on your Roster who are capable of running deep routes, but by all means continue to be an apologist. 

Bright?, don't get mad because I won't cower to any of you guys, it's conversation and your panties are all in a bunch, hilarious....

C'mon Mr Terp, you're better than that....

Edited by MSURacerDT55

31 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Yawn, guess what? Even if Hollywood were injured, there are plenty of receivers on your Roster who are capable of running deep routes, but by all means continue to be an apologist. 

Bright?, don't get mad because I won't cower to any of you guys, it's conversation and your panties are all in a bunch, hilarious....

C'mon Mr Terp, you're better than that....

Who exactly? Willie Snead and Seth Roberts are both at best 4.5 guys and neither of them have the catch radius to be a deep ball receiver

Brown has been saying he was running at 80% speed all season in several interviews I don't even know why you're even having this conversation even with a healthy brown the ravens have at best an average receiving group and i'm being nice there.

You gotta let this one go buddy your takes on this thread are terrible

• Like 1