Buccaneers released former first-round pick Vernon Hargreaves

49erurtaza

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

while Arians noticed the lack of effort, the reality is that many of todays players are like this.  I have seen MUCH worse and on plays that resulted in TD's>:(  

Is VH3 a bust, or could he be a decent slot CB and zone CB? Hard to believe a 11th overall pick has no chance at all , but there I go with the draft O.o

Edited by 3rivers

20 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

I mean, that biff by Whitehead was incomprehensible. You can't the blame on Hargreaves when your safety gets frozen up that badly... on that play at least. Straw that broke the camel's back.

It's about (lack of) effort.

VHIII started camp in BA's doghouse because of effort. Months later he either didn't learn or doesn't care.

Gotta start somewhere to fix this defense. Weeding out the guys who aren't buying in is a good start.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 3rivers said:

while Arians noticed the lack of effort, the reality is that many of todays players are like this.  I have seen MUCH worse and on plays that resulted in TD's>:(  

Is VH3 a bust, or could he be a decent slot CB and zone CB? Hard to believe a 11th overall pick has no chance at all , but there I go with the draft O.o

Plenty of Top 15 Picks that are CBs have been complete and utter busts with almost nothing to offer. CB is one of the highest position bust rates in the 1st Round in league history. There’s actually a higher success rate in the 2nd Round. Although of course a higher superstar rate in the 1st Round. 

Edited by BayRaider

21 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Ok. Hargreaves and Conley, your future CBs for the Texans.

Who needs first round picks when you can get everyone else's old, slightly used first round picks for pennies on the dollar!? I betcha that 2021 1st round pick is on the Texans roster by 2024...