This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

@ThatJerkDave brought me here. He was pondering whether to listen to Cheap Trick/Journey/Def Leopard instead of watching football. All his bands (Cheap Trick/Journey/Def Leopard) are accomplished enough, but they are somewhat like one of those snacks you have, that leave you still hungry. (and referencing the post above, I have heard 'Hotel California' just waaaay too many times on the radio). Here are some things I think are  good additions/alternatives. I collapsed the tracks into just links, (to save space).

First track is Genesis 'Dancing with the Moonlit Night'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0Spl1cOf-o

Second track is AshRa Tempel (starring Rosi album) Track below is 'Laughter Loving' which reminds me of the Allman Brothers. If you let the track rollover after it ends the next track is 'Day Dream', which is really reminiscent of Jefferson Airplane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g4cSQcKtek&list=PL94gOvpr5yt2iqcEM2calu23elXGvzkYA

Third track is Opa Tsupa 'Les Deux Guitares'. There is a Greek feel to this that has me wanting to smash plates after hearing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuFiBjNTB9o

Next is 'Delhi News' by Hattler (used to play in the band Kraan). A very nice rolling groove that begins almost like it is going to morph into modern drum/bass stuff, but doesn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc41aCs0rVY

Finally a Neal Young song 'Like a Hurricane'. Neal isn't a technically excellent guitarist, sometimes he just hammers the same note. What he does have is feel, and he has all the aces in that department (and probably another up his sleeve).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-WMbP1RcC4

Ok. That should be enough variety to fill up any musical hunger for a good while. Hope you like my choices.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

@ThatJerkDave brought me here. He was pondering whether to listen to Cheap Trick/Journey/Def Leopard instead of watching football. All his bands (Cheap Trick/Journey/Def Leopard) are accomplished enough, but they are somewhat like one of those snacks you have, that leave you still hungry. (and referencing the post above, I have heard 'Hotel California' just waaaay too many times on the radio). Here are some things I think are  good additions/alternatives. I collapsed the tracks into just links, (to save space).

Hold it right there...

I never said that I like any of them.  Those bands are just playing at Busch Stadium on Friday.  I live right across the street.  I have heard Paul McCartney, Metallica, Billy Joel, and Kenny Chesney from my balcony.  And on Saturday Luke Bryan is playing there, I will probably listen to that too.  Just have a scheduling conflict with a Packers game for the first time.  Last week I left a Cardinals game early to catch the last 3 quarters of the Packers.  

By the way, I suggest seeing Paul McCartney live if he ever is anywhere near your location.  I didn't think I would like it, and I was very wrong... and I was just across the street. 

20 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Fair enough @ThatJerkDave. It wasn't really a knock on your taste, more the reason why I felt moved (read: had an excuse) to give some alternatives, because I do like my music.Did you like them - any of them ?

Listened to the first three, and I will listen to the rest when I have time at the office tomorrow.

I'm trying to think of a Genesis song that I don't like.  I am sure that there is one, probably more, but I can't think of it right now.

The second one is not my cup of tea.  I get the appeal, but it isn't for me.

The third one reminds me of something from a movie score.  Really reminds me of the music that played for Boris the Blade in ******.

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

Any HotOnes fans in here? Favorite spicy sauces?

I just bought some habenero taco sauce at the supermarket tonight.  I ate it on a chip.  I saw it and decided that I haven't tried that yet and so I bought it.  It was pretty good.  I will use it on tacos or some chicken soon.  I really like the flavor of the hot sauce from Taco Bell.  And there is a green jalepeno chalula that I also like to eat on nachos and tacos.  None of these are really, really spicy, but I like the flavor.

I always like trying new sauces and salad dressings.  Sometimes I find stuff I like.  Other times they sit in my refrigerator until I decide that it is time to clear the condiments out. 

2 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Any HotOnes fans in here? Favorite spicy sauces?

I'm all about spicy stuff. I just feel the flavor of spicy food is way better than any other type of food. My stomach (and pooping) hate me sometimes but it's worth it. Really don't have any specific sauce in mind but I use Famous Dave's Devil's Spit BBQ sauce on anything that I grill. Huge fan of Mango Habanero and Wild flavor wings whenever I eat bdubbs (as bad as it is). 

6 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I always like trying new sauces and salad dressings.  Sometimes I find stuff I like.  Other times they sit in my refrigerator until I decide that it is time to clear the condiments out. 

Cant go wrong with the habanero, so versatile. Dont know if I've ever popped it on a plain chip before though. If you're already planning on a TBell bathroom break i feel like you might as well throw some fire on there to zest up both ends.

I feel like maybe you just hit me with a metaphor for life. You're a modern day Rafiki, Dave.

5 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

i spicy sauced my way into an ulcer and level 10 acid reflux sensitivity. now i eat an alkaline diet like a ladyboy.

The devil did that to you my man, you're not supposed to drink the whole bottle.  Shoot now I'm just hoping I don't get turned into a ladyboy.

5 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I'm all about spicy stuff. I just feel the flavor of spicy food is way better than any other type of food. My stomach (and pooping) hate me sometimes but it's worth it. Really don't have any specific sauce in mind but I use Famous Dave's Devil's Spit BBQ sauce on anything that I grill. Huge fan of Mango Habanero and Wild flavor wings whenever I eat bdubbs (as bad as it is). 

That mango hab spicy sauce is odd. Sometimes it's habanero, sometimes it's mango. Very inconsistent this sauce. I think thai curry is their best tasting stuff, though, not spicy.

I put some adoboloco hamajang sauce on my wings last night and it took me a few mules to get to the end. So I had a pleasant night but my morning has been dicey. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Cant go wrong with the habanero, so versatile. Dont know if I've ever popped it on a plain chip before though. If you're already planning on a TBell bathroom break i feel like you might as well throw some fire on there to zest up both ends.

I feel like maybe you just hit me with a metaphor for life. You're a modern day Rafiki, Dave.

The devil did that to you my man, you're not supposed to drink the whole bottle.  Shoot now I'm just hoping I don't get turned into a ladyboy.

That mango hab spicy sauce is odd. Sometimes it's habanero, sometimes it's mango. Very inconsistent this sauce. I think thai curry is their best tasting stuff, though, not spicy.

I put some adoboloco hamajang sauce on my wings last night and it took me a few mules to get to the end. So I had a pleasant night but my morning has been dicey. 

So the lesson to be had is Spicy Night = Dicey Morning?