This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

16 hours ago, Leader said:

I'd be fairly surprised if CLE doesnt get its first W in a long time tonight against the NYJ's.

Then again this is CLE we're talking about - so surprise should have been thrown out the window long ago.

Good call.  I felt the same way.  Bet you didn't see it going down the way it did though, with Baker coming in to mount the comeback.  It was must see TV.

10 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

Good call.  I felt the same way.  Bet you didn't see it going down the way it did though, with Baker coming in to mount the comeback.  It was must see TV.

Not really a tough call. The wildcard was that its early season stuff - so things havent evened out and teams arent what they appear to be.

CLE had played two "name" teams (PIT ; NOLA) tough - and lost when they could have won both - while the NYJs had split with a couple middle of the road (or lower) teams (DET ; MIA). 

We'll see where Mayfield takes the offense - I'm not joining in the national parade the media's turning last nights effort in to. You want a coronation for a new "star" fine - but it wasnt an extraordinary performance - and it was against a tired, less than stellar D. Time will tell on Baker.

Coming into last night I figured the CLE D would shut the NYJ's down. I think their front line D is is pretty good.
I thought the NYJ's D was over achieving (or playing less than stellar/ready teams) and I'm not impressed with their offensive weapons. Darnold's gonna be good - but it will take some time and a few better than decent skill position players around him.

Tell you the truth, I could never see the Tyrod Taylor connection. It's just me - but I was never impressed with his game. He's too small. Cant see. Has less than a gun for an NFL arm.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

We'll see where Mayfield takes the offense - I'm not joining in the national parade the media's turning last nights effort in to. You want a coronation for a new "star" fine - but it wasnt an extraordinary performance - and it was against a tired, less than stellar D. Time will tell on Baker.

It was an extraordinary performance.  Taylor was 4-14 for 19 yards and 0 points when he left the game.  Mayfield came in and was 3-4 for 47 yards and a FG.  For Cleveland that was extraordinary.  Then he went on to lead the comeback and win the game.  That is extra extraordinary considering it had been 635 days since their last win.  

2 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

It was an extraordinary performance.  Taylor was 4-14 for 19 yards and 0 points when he left the game.  Mayfield came in and was 3-4 for 47 yards and a FG.  For Cleveland that was extraordinary.  Then he went on to lead the comeback and win the game. 

No denying this: "That is extra extraordinary considering it had been 635 days since their last win"

But as for the rest. Extraordinary isnt the words I'd use to describe it.
Again - early season stuff - and it was against the NYJ's. Lets not go overboard.

3 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I'm happy for the browns. No fan base should have to go through that.

I agree. I've no problem with either CLE or the NYJ's becoming relevant again. It's long past time for that to happen.
I'd be up for the inclusion of a tough High School team into the AFC East - if it would finally give the Pats some comp.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I'm happy for the browns. No fan base should have to go through that.

Except Vikings and Bears fans.

Dont forget those filthy sewer cats that are stuck in Detroit. **** them too

Edit: I'm sad I cant like my own post. This is one of my best tbh

Edited by ugLymayNe
because i wanted to
  • Like 2