This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

On 8/3/2017 at 9:01 AM, NormSizedMidget said:

Now to find something else.

Breaking Bad > The Wire > Arrested Development > The Simpsons > Mr. Robot >  Atlanta >  Chapelle's Show > Star Trek: TNG > Rick and Morty > It's Always Sunny

Ranked in order of : Of which would I least prefer my mind to be wiped?

On 8/7/2017 at 10:59 AM, smetana34 said:

I'm not sure if I want to try Chrono Cross

Very, very different game.  Basically FF-Chrono

Chrono Trigger is beloved for a few things IMO:

1) one of the first to put all of the "modern" elements we are looking for in an RPG together.  It wasn't ever Xenogears in story, or FF6 in flow, or earthbound in humor, but it was fun playing with time in a well done fantasy setting with good story and good game mechanics.

2) There were tons of paths to choose, even including several alternate "game over" screens

3) The replay factor was the best of RPGs until maybe Vagrant Story?.  Very few mandatory battles and also a good amount of speed run potential.

Edited by skibrett15

2 hours ago, Kenrik said:

Besides NFL sunday ticket what do out of state people use to watch all the games? Anyone use Kodi?

The NFL Streams subreddit is a good start

As long as you get good WiFi there is usually always a good stream available. 

I try to stream all the preseason games.  I go to a local bar to watch football on Sundays when the Packers aren't on in my market.  They take care of me, and it is fun to interact with other fans.  Sunday Ticket is probably cheaper, but my way has some social interaction, which is important.

12 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

Very, very different game.  Basically FF-Chrono

Chrono Trigger is beloved for a few things IMO:

1) one of the first to put all of the "modern" elements we are looking for in an RPG together.  It wasn't ever Xenogears in story, or FF6 in flow, or earthbound in humor, but it was fun playing with time in a well done fantasy setting with good story and good game mechanics.

2) There were tons of paths to choose, even including several alternate "game over" screens

3) The replay factor was the best of RPGs until maybe Vagrant Story?.  Very few mandatory battles and also a good amount of speed run potential.

I also picked up FF6 to give that a run. I've played through CT and seen all of the endings, so the replay value was cool, just wasn't what I was expecting when I heard it was the greatest RPG for the SNES.

13 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

Breaking Bad > The Wire > Arrested Development > The Simpsons > Mr. Robot >  Atlanta >  Chapelle's Show > Star Trek: TNG > Rick and Morty > It's Always Sunny

Ranked in order of : Of which would I least prefer my mind to be wiped?

Oh crap that's right I'm still behind on Mr. Robot. Sweet.

2 hours ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

I try to stream all the preseason games.  I go to a local bar to watch football on Sundays when the Packers aren't on in my market.  They take care of me, and it is fun to interact with other fans.  Sunday Ticket is probably cheaper, but my way has some social interaction, which is important.

This has nothing to do with anything but I brought a chromecast to a bar in town I go into all the time last year to stream a GB game, with permission. And someone who works at the other bar in town got super pissed and threatened to call the cops and report the bar if I didn't stop it lol. I kinda forgot that happened, we didn't stop it, she shut up, I guess she never did anything obviously.

Goes back to a story from ages ago where a place for a 99$ PPV bc their DTV was set up as residential and everyone went there instead of the other bar and she lost her mind over it bc she tried to get it and it was like 5x as much or some ****.