This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

Guys, what is the name of the meme you guys all had as avatars back in like... 2008/2009 or something.

He was a weird looking dude looking like MS Paint looking up in the top right direction, kinda like Eric cartman drawn on paint but as various characters from movies/games/etc

On 8/12/2017 at 2:59 AM, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Once a week, Friday or Saturday, and most football Sundays? That's a lot?

I don't drink nearly as much as I did in my 20s.

I'm 29 and I've probably gone to a bar 10 times in my life.  Bars make absolutely zero sense to me.  Zero sense whatsoever.  You have to be around people to pay twice as much for the same drinks you can get at home while there's loud music or loud TVs playing.  It's like three of my least favorite things in the world all in one place.  People, noise and wasted money. 

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I'm 29 and I've probably gone to a bar 10 times in my life.  Bars make absolutely zero sense to me.  Zero sense whatsoever.  You have to be around people to pay twice as much for the same drinks you can get at home while there's loud music or loud TVs playing.  It's like three of my least favorite things in the world all in one place.  People, noise and wasted money. 

Drunk people always want to fight to for some reason.

13 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I feel ya. The money part is pretty dumb when a lot of times I don't really enjoy who I'm even out with lol.

I go back and forth in phases where I'll drink from home more often at times.

I don't know why, but I feel skeptical of all the new Packer posters I've been seeing.  It makes sense that a lot of lurkers would come out to try out the new site, which is great, but I also can't help but feel like some oldies are coming back incognito. 

9 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I don't know why, but I feel skeptical of all the new Packer posters I've been seeing.  It makes sense that a lot of lurkers would come out to try out the new site, which is great, but I also can't help but feel like some oldies are coming back incognito. 

Dont be skeptical. Accept them. If they are who we thought they were, they will expose themselves in ignorance eventually. But new posters should be encouraged to post and we should respond to them. It's great to have contrasting opinions here and I've seen too many times in the past 10 years, good posters get flooded out by people saying they don't know what they are talking about. And to be fair, sometimes they have no idea, but there are a lot of casual fans who want to post to learn more and be involved in a community.

Edited by packerrfan74

Just now, packerrfan74 said:

It's great to have contrasting opinions here and I've seen too many times in the past 10 years, good posters get flooded out by people saying they don't know what they are talking about.

Obviously.  It's why I've been saying it for a long time around here. 

3 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

there's only one real one.

8 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Let me and Packerraymond deal with them.  If they are an issue, let me know.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Let me and Packerraymond deal with them.  If they are an issue, let me know.

I honestly don't even care if they are dupe accounts, I was just saying.  I like that there are new people, especially one new guy who definitely wasn't a moron.  I'm just thinking out loud.  No issues yet.  Unless WaterCaptain shows up.  Then I'll definitely let you know.